PDA

View Full Version : 15 college credits?

StoneyZeus
09-09-14, 11:14 AM
I called a staff sergeant that a fellow friend of mine told me to call. I asked the staff sergeant if after i get my GED i can join the marine corps. He told me "No" that, I would need 15 college credits with that also.

Can anyone explain to me if it's ANY courses in college or does it have to be Math, Reading, Science, and Social studies? etc...
i'm confused here.

joseywales
09-09-14, 03:33 PM
Staff Sergeant. Marine Corps.
What did the Staff Sgt say about that?

Baker1971
09-09-14, 06:30 PM
Any college courses as long as you get the credits. Basket weaving, pottery, cooking, dancing. Take the easy courses and get on with it.

irpat54
09-09-14, 07:08 PM
exactly, what Baker1971 said, that is what my Son is doing as well..
Good luck

StoneyZeus
09-10-14, 09:03 AM
Staff Sergeant. Marine Corps.
What did the Staff Sgt say about that?
He told me after I get my GED that I would need to get 15 college credits. Then he said something about math, reading and science. In order to have a high school standered.

StoneyZeus
09-10-14, 09:06 AM
But I just wanted to make sure what I needed. Because, different sites takes me to different answers.

Phantom Blooper
09-10-14, 09:13 AM
It does have to be accredited...ask him/recruiter before you take courses for credit if the college is on the list of accredited colleges. Good luck....I love the pants dance....basket weaving and all those mental health crafts....so have fun!

StoneyZeus
09-11-14, 07:11 AM
It does have to be accredited...ask him/recruiter before you take courses for credit if the college is on the list of accredited colleges. Good luck....I love the pants dance....basket weaving and all those mental health crafts....so have fun!
So, just go to any college and ask for accredit classes?

Zulu 36
09-11-14, 08:00 AM
So, just go to any college and ask for accredit classes?

Check with a recruiter. But I am informed that acceptable college classes have to be taken at an accredited school and must be 100 level courses or higher. In other words, mostly literature/English, math, science, history, etc. Your local community college should provide what you need.

Basket weaving and other such classes won't make it.

StoneyZeus
09-11-14, 08:39 AM
Sweet thanks. Once I get my GED I will go to velencia college then. SCC is not going to let me obtain that goal.

USMC 2571
09-11-14, 12:08 PM
It sounds like you're not sure what the recruiter said about what kind of classes are needed. Just call him and ask him very specifically. Good luck.