PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice from a Marine

hal0persin
07-01-14, 11:49 PM
Hello my name is Zack. I'm 19 years old and a part time diesel mechanic. When im not working I'm in school getting my engineering degree. I have always wanted to join the Marine Corps, however I played football in high school and was injured. I have a spondylolisthesis at my lumbar 4 vertabrae. I am very active and work in a field where you are required to do a lot of heavy lifting and things that are pretty hard on your back and I have no issues. I would like to know how to approach a recruiter and explain my injury to see if they would be willing to help me start the waiver process. I have my high school diploma and I have an associates degree in automotive technology. I'm hoping my education and exoeriece might make a recruiter more willing to try and help me get a waiver. Should I bring any medical records or any of my diplomas degrees or certifications.

Thanks for any help
Sincerely, Zack

josephd
07-02-14, 12:20 AM
go talk with a recruiter with any and all of the documentation you have.....your education and experience have no bearing on the recruiter and getting a waiver

Baker1971
07-02-14, 08:10 AM
^^^ That :thumbup: