PDA

View Full Version : MOS as a reserve.

DCULT
06-28-14, 02:00 AM
I am looking to enlist through the 92 day reserve program and was curious if this would limit my career options. Does my MOS have to correspond to openings at the location I plan to drill at after basic?

m14ed
06-28-14, 04:32 AM
You may just have wasted the money you spent
going to school.

Get off your ass and go talk with a recruiter,or
another reservist in your area...

The longest journey starts with a single step

SWEETPEA.

your second option might be to research
here in the archives...

Baker1971
06-28-14, 07:35 AM
There is nothing BASIC about my Marine Corps...
Try the search box on the top right corner of the page.

Morning Ed, where's the coffee ? :)

29palms
06-28-14, 08:42 AM
Got a guy at work that said he had 88 day reservist in his boot camp???? I never heard of this when I was in. I was a reservist, but had to do 180 days. Boot camp and MOS at 29 Palms Ca. Thought all reservist had to do the boot camp and "A" school. Only time I heard of guys doing boot camp, and then going back to college were officer candidate types on scholarships, but other than that, never heard of 88 day, or 92 day reservist.

josephd
06-28-14, 01:03 PM
92 day reservist or not, going in the reserves will limit your MOS choice/availability to what is local to you. If the unit that is local to you is an engineer company for example, you will be limited to the few MOS' seats they have available at that unit. You don't get to pick whatever you want.

m14ed
06-28-14, 04:26 PM
Notice - where the * Younger Marines are
much nicer than "WeOlderFarts"

MasterGunz,

I had a cup of instant,
before I made an outside sweep
of the Perimeter this morning .
If'in i'da known your thirst ,
I could have swung by the mess-tent
and grabbed a thermos full for you on
the way back in.

29palms
06-28-14, 07:28 PM
92 day reservist or not, going in the reserves will limit your MOS choice/availability to what is local to you. If the unit that is local to you is an engineer company for example, you will be limited to the few MOS' seats they have available at that unit. You don't get to pick whatever you want.
Very true indeed. It pretty much follows suit in civilian sector. You want aviation jobs, you got to go to aviation towns. You have to be willing to relocate if you want to expand your job opportunities. Same with Marines and reserves. A reserves tank unit in Tallahassee Florida will have need for radio operators, Gun Bunny's admin, but you won't have need for infantry, ANGLICO, nor jet mechanics or pilots.

DCULT
07-11-14, 04:10 AM
You may just have wasted the money you spent
going to school.

Get off your ass and go talk with a recruiter,or
another reservist in your area...

The longest journey starts with a single step

SWEETPEA.

your second option might be to research
here in the archives...

I already did meet with a recruiter but he wanted me to commit to a spot and that we would get to paperwork later. He told me he was new and gave me terrible answers to my questions.

m14ed
07-12-14, 04:21 AM
Yesterday, 05:10 AM #8 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?117857-MOS-as-a-reserve&p=960047&viewfull=1#post960047)
DCULT (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?111330-DCULT)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/statusicon/user-offline.png

.................................................. ...........
see the post above..............................
Stay on his ass like a diaper on a baby...

you busting his balls will not make his job
any easier,,,
but will make him a better Recruiter.

it won't hurt to "DoubleSource" your answers either.