PDA

View Full Version : MOS Help, any advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Rkisow
06-10-14, 10:46 PM
So I DEP'd in october, i was put on a CB contract which is admin. I do not want Admin at all, so i have trying to ask my recruiters to change it for the past 4 months. Nothing is avalible for my ship month still. I am colorblind so my options are limited, very limited. So today i talked to the boss recruiter, who used to be my old recruiter, back when I Dep'd, he told me about a CJ contract which is Logistics Ammunition Explosive Ordinance Disposal. I tried researching what that is but i can't find it. I have told my recruiter i do not want to ship with Admin job. I really do not know what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phantom Blooper
06-13-14, 07:29 AM
Better think twice about EOD being color blind...what happens if you have to disarm something with colored wires that you can't distinguish?

Rkisow
06-13-14, 01:22 PM
Im not going into EOD, i wouldnt be allowed. Though I color blindness it does not mean i can not see colors. I can see all colors, just certain shades confuse me. The job is a logistics job where i deal with ammo and explosives, not disarming them.

MunkyVsRobot
06-13-14, 02:50 PM
The answer is simple, if you want a certain contract and you qualify IE: your GT score or MM or which ever score is correct and you meet height weight and whatever other standards dont ship unless you have the one you want. its 4 to 5 years of your life not your recruiters nows the time to try and get what you want before the choice is no longer yours.

Bear in mind though if you decide to switch your contract that could change your ship date to bootcamp and delay your process to MCRD.

You do need to accept some fault for the contract that YOU signed. First off they offer you a wish list so CB or whatever code it was had to have been on said wishlist, second they dont just give a contract to you and assign it to you as stated prior you have the wishlist as well as you have to sign the contract that is presented to you. So you had to have read the contract and signed it, if you didnt that isnt the recruiters fault it is yours. Read everything you are putting your name on and signing because stuff like this is the result.

Rkisow
06-13-14, 02:58 PM
You are correct it is my fault i should have stated that in the post. Thank you for the information. I actually talked to my recruiters today and everything is being taken care. I am lucky to have good recruiters that i have a good relationship with.