PDA

View Full Version : EPSQ Homework Form Questions

Hephaestus
05-06-14, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone,
I saw a recruiter for the first time to day and gave some basic information, talked for a while, and took the ASQT. He asked if tomorrow I could bring my SS card and birth certificate, but he also gave me an "EPSQ Homework" form to fill out. It asks some pretty standard information, but there are a few sections I was confused about. Under residence history, education history, and employment history they each ask for a reference and their contact information. Sorry in advance for all the questions, and thank you in advance for any help.

Do there need to be references at all?
Are they likely to be contacted?
Do the references need to have anything to do with section their listed under? (For example, for residency would I NEED to list a neighbor or someone along those lines who can ACTUALLY verify my residency?) Also, is it not allowed to omit certain things? Like if I worked somewhere that's now closed and I have no reference contact information for example. What if I just omitted the entire employment history section? Would it matter? I'm not trying to lie to anyone, it's just that I don't have very much actual work experience, and even fewer references.

Rocky C
05-06-14, 05:39 PM
Just do the best you can and be prepared to tell your recruiter the truth when he asks you about it.

Best of luck to you.

Kegler300
05-07-14, 05:57 AM
The EPSQ was the old electronic security questionnaire request for the background investigation. It was replaced by E-QIP about 7 years ago which is the online version.

Huklebuk
05-09-14, 02:29 PM
We still use the epsq when doing background investigations. It is easier and what I do is just highlight the areas that need to be filled out. To answer your questions:

1. Absolutely, one must have known you for seven years.
2. Most likely, so pick people that will talk highly of you.
3. It doesnt really matter, but a neighbor is easiest for the resident one. As long as they know you live there its good.
4. List the employment, but tell your recruiter that its closed and there are no contacts. He will work around it.

You have more references than you think. Teachers, Pastor, Bosses, anyone along those lines. You must have them in there so put them in. It saves time later.

Kegler300
05-09-14, 04:28 PM
We still use the epsq when doing background investigations. It is easier and what I do is just highlight the areas that need to be filled out.

That may be the reason so many still show up in the fleet without a background investigation (NACLC). They complete the EPSQ, but the e-QIP is never submitted to OPM to initiate the investigation.

Huklebuk
05-09-14, 04:37 PM
That may be the reason so many still show up in the fleet without a background investigation (NACLC). They complete the EPSQ, but the e-QIP is never submitted to OPM to initiate the investigation.

You misunderstood what I what saying. We still use the form (sf-86). Prior to a kid enlisting it has to be filled out, and gets loaded into the system. Its call a BIQ nowadays. Prior to shipping to boot camp, the investigation has to have been opened. Some get completed, some dont. Thats why some show up without it.

Kegler300
05-09-14, 05:03 PM
Who actually initiates the e-QIP and does the digital fingerprinting, MEPS, OPS?

Huklebuk
05-09-14, 05:13 PM
We upload them at the recruiting station. When a kid goes on deck, they validate it and digitally sign it. From there it is exported to the investigating agency, I'm not sure who does the investigations these days. But to answer your question fingerprinting an export is done at meps. If it isnt exported we know that day. We can also track if the an investigation is at least started. We have to know because it can prevent a kid from shipping.

Kegler300
05-09-14, 05:17 PM
Thanks. I was thinking it should be the MEPS. OPM does the investigation, but the DODCAF (Navy Division) does the adjudication.