PDA

View Full Version : Chest tattoo waiver??

aj117993
05-01-14, 08:15 PM
Hello,

My name is Aj and I am currently trying to get a chest tattoo waiver....The Tattoo is completely covered in regular PT gear and cannot be seen when in ANY U.S. Marines uniform....However, a small part of it can be seen in a khaki charlie shirt with no undershirt and a small part of it rests on the edge of my collar bone but does not at all go past that, but to my understanding you will NEVER wear a charlie shirt without a white undershirt....Wearing one with no undershirt seems unprofessional as all HELL to me....I know someone at my recruiting station who just got a waiver for SELF MUTILATION! It took him about a month so I would be astonished if they will give a waiver for Intentional self harm/mutilation and not for a chest tattoo that will NEVER be seen in any uniform....Can anyone please help me with this? Thank You.

*Pictures of my tattoo can be found on my profile by clicking on the "Gallery tab" http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?110569-aj117993

Huklebuk
05-02-14, 08:34 AM
Be patient. Tattoo waivers take forever to get done. When your recruiter asks for something. Get it. Immediately. If he needs you to come in and redo something. Be there. It will take a couple of months, stick with it. It will get approved eventually.

aj117993
05-02-14, 10:45 AM
Thank you so much for that Huklebuk....My Ssgt called me today and told me that I will have to come in and take additional photos. I also wrote a letter to the officer who will be reviewing my tattoo waiver in my down time, Do you think this will help the process?

m14ed
05-04-14, 02:13 PM
Does it look anthing like this ?
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_likm9oUURu1qbsv32o1_500.jpg

aj117993
05-04-14, 04:01 PM
m14ed,

Haha I wouldn't dream of getting something that stupid....My tattoo says Never Say Die, its a saying from a book I read when I was 17 that means Never Give Up....It serves as a constant reminder to never give up on my goals in life.

Rocky C
05-04-14, 05:37 PM
I looked at the 2 pictures you posted and you should be good to go.
Just standby to standby as Huklebuk said.
He is an Active Duty Recruiter on the forum.

Best of luck to you.

aj117993
05-04-14, 05:56 PM
Wow thanks alot Rocky....Being a Marine is a Lifelong goal for me and I know I just have to be patient. I will serve my country as a United States Marine and I will Never Give Up!

Rocky C
05-04-14, 06:01 PM
Outstanding !!!

Please keep us posted.

m14ed
05-05-14, 02:07 AM
Sweetpea,

That pic is an inside joke for us oldFarts on here.
a ForumThread about the "ILLUMINATI" tattoo
another lad had asked about a few years back..

It's a shame the thread isn't availible to use as a reference.

Rocky C
05-05-14, 11:19 AM
I remember :)

Phantom Blooper
05-05-14, 04:54 PM
I remember :)"Dear Chilli!"