PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Marines!

GreatDane
02-08-14, 02:53 PM
Hello Marines,
I'm leaving to boot camp on Monday. I just wanted to thank the Marines on this site for giving me the advice that I needed. I've found a lot of helpful tips and motivation from several threads on this site, and I will take what I have learned to boot camp with me. Thank you Marines!

irpat54
02-08-14, 02:55 PM
Best of Luck to you,, don't forget to report back when and if you earn the title,, and if, God forbid, you don't earn the title, still report back to let us know what happened,,

Good luck,,

m14ed
02-08-14, 03:49 PM
Good Luck Sweetpea ! ,,,,

have a good time , - Enjoy -
take Mental Notes..
We'll give yah a quiz
and don't come back with-out
"Title"

Kegler300
02-08-14, 03:59 PM
You better get the "I" out of your vocabulary starting right now ... just a small piece of advice. Good luck and do report back when you return with the Title.

Rocky C
02-08-14, 05:14 PM
Best of luck Dane.
You can do this.
There is no such thing as FAILURE.

See you in 3 months.

fl1946
02-08-14, 10:48 PM
Yours and GreatDane's farewell posts stirred memories of my moment some 50 years ago. Shaking hands with a brother-in-law, hugging family and friends, wondering if it was the "right" decision. As the shouts and waves of farewell fade, only the murmur of the engine is heard. Now 50 years later in the present, this reenactment rekindles that sense of wonderment, anticipation and adventure we all felt.

Gentlemen, Ladies. I salute you. Here's to our Corps. Carry on.

GreatDane
02-09-14, 01:15 AM
I definitely will report back. Thank you once again. See you in 3 months!

GreatDane
07-11-14, 10:39 PM
Well gentlemen, I made it! Sorry it took so long to report back. I made it through boot camp and SOI, now I'm in Pendacola, FL for my MOS school. Thank you once again for all the help! Semper Fi.

fl1946
07-12-14, 12:10 PM
Dane -- welcome back! Some of the old timers here, Rocky, et al have departed to other forums so didn't want you to think no one's here to welcome your return. I'm sure others will agree, we are very proud of your accomplishment, especially in this "new" Corps environment (draw downs, management policies, etc.). You are right at the doorstep of this change. Trust you will participate and become a positive change agent to the Corps -- meaning do well and rise in rank and responsibility. Keep your eyes on the target and your head in the books (education) and you will do well.

Semper fi, MARINE
An old salt

USMC 2571
07-12-14, 01:09 PM
I echo Frank's sentiments----congratulations!
By coincidence, I also went to MOS school in Pensacola---nice place to be sent to.