PDA

View Full Version : Air Crew Duties

Mmorais92
01-09-14, 06:45 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if there are any Marines with an Air Crew MOS that could give me some info. But first I'll give a short introduction of myself. I enlisted with the USAF in 2011 as a reservist. Having just passed my two year mark I've come to the realization i joined the wrong branch. I would never speak poorly of the Air Force but it is not how I envisioned it. It is very laid back and at times I don't even feel like I'm in the military. I want to serve my country and be proud of how I am doing it. I am currently in the process of a conditional release and intend to enlist in the USMC as soon as a slot is available ( Permitting my unit releasing me).
What I was wondering is what is life like as an Active Duty member of the Air Crew? Also, what should I expect as far as possible Unit locations? I realize this is a very general question but any info would be appreciated. I am also aware that I will have to earn the title as a Marine before any of this will take place, but I just wanted some opinions on the Air Crew before I committed myself to that type of MOS.
Thank you in Advance.

josephd
01-09-14, 08:34 PM
Being air crew can vary greatly from what I have seen. I know a few air crew guys that hate it because they are responsible for the bird but don't get to log many flight hours. Opposite with another Marine I know, he is solely responsible for the his bird and its maintenance crew and all he does is check everything over and log ALL of the flight time with the pilots.

Where you get stationed and what unit you would go to would depend on the platform you are the crew for.....C130, Osprey, Huey, CH-53, etc....Lejeune, Cherry Point, Miramar, Yuma, Okinawa/Futenma, Pendleton....anywhere really