PDA

View Full Version : In Search of Guidance

Texaswarrior
01-01-14, 05:06 PM
First off, Thank yall for your service, yall served for us back home and soon I will serve for yall.

I'm asking for guidance because we do not have a Marine Corps recruiter in our town, I apologize now if I sound uneducated about anything. But what I'm looking for is a good plan to join the Marines.

A Marine told my Mom not to let me join as an enlisted and everyone is trying to steer me away from the Marine Corps and to join the Green Berets or Rangers instead but I want to join because of the history of the Marines, who played such a significant , probably the biggest role, in Americas history. Again I'm sorry if I sound uneducated but a friend had told me I could join the Marine reserves while still in high school, if this is true my parents are willing to sign the papers when I turn 17.

But I was wondering if there was a way I could join the Marines in high school and go to basic ( Boot Camp ) after I graduate.

This plan isn't set in stone I just need guidance on if my plan is good or needs to be changed. My parents both want me to go to college but I know I wouldnt take it serious because I've wanted to serve as long as I can remember.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your service,
Rocco Olguin

Rocky C
01-01-14, 05:22 PM
Yes you can enlist and leave after you graduate High School.

You must be at least a Junior in school to speak to a recruiter or 17 years of age.

Here is the Marine Corps Recruiting office and it is only 5.8 mile from your house.

Give them a call first thing in the morning since you are on school vacation and make an appt. to start the process.

US Marine Corps Recruiting1730 Carswell Ave
Naval Air Station/ Jrb, TX 76127
(817) 738-9891

Texaswarrior
01-01-14, 05:30 PM
Thank you. They had told me a month ago that the new Marine recruiters would be there in February because there was nobody there. I'll call tomorrow and see if there are recruiters.

Rocky C
01-01-14, 05:59 PM
A 30 second Google search gave me 17 Marine Corps Recruiting centers within 25 miles of you.

You can call or visit anyone of them you know.

Best of luck. You didn't say you had the info already...

fl1946
01-01-14, 09:48 PM
Rocco -- why are you punctuating your "uneducated" status by using "y'all?" This is not a creative writing class. Sounds like you are pulling my -- our chain. While a Marine recruiting office may not be in your town, one was found for you 5 miles away, and another search unearthed 17 more. And the coup de grace, not mentioning that you attempted to contact the recruiter leaves me very suspicious of your sincerity. Never apologize for who/what you are. It only demeans your character. If you say you are uneducated, we all will view you that way. And you'll never make it to first base in life.

Texaswarrior
01-01-14, 11:20 PM
No sir it's not that at all. It's that I posted on here one time before and a Marine gave me a very hard time because I didnt know what I was talking about he said I didnt belong on here and other stuff like that so I apologized to stop that from happening again.

Yes sir I do have a recruiting office but the Marine recruiters aren't there. I'm not sure why but the Army and Navy recruiters told me there wouldn't be Marines in that office until February.

I would never joke about serving it's a serious topic and I take pride in becoming a member into the huge Marine Corps family.

Texaswarrior
01-01-14, 11:26 PM
I'm trying to enlist as soon as possible. I just didn't know which direction to go because everytime I go to the recruiting office the Marine Corps door is closed and locked and the other recruiters say they haven't seen anyone in that office for awhile and they heard more Marine recruiters would be there in February of 2014

josephd
01-02-14, 12:48 AM
go to a different office/RSS

m14ed
01-02-14, 02:33 AM
Rocco --
why are you punctuating your "uneducated" status
by using "y'all?"
This is not a creative writing class. Sounds like you
are pulling my -- our chain.

While a Marine recruiting office may not be in your town,
one was found for you 5 miles away, and another
search unearthed 17 more.
And the coup de grace, not mentioning that you attempted to
contact a recruiter leaves me very suspicious of your sincerity.

Never apologize for who/what you are.
It only demeans your character.
If you say you are uneducated,
we all will view you that way.
And you'll never make it to first base in life.

ComeOn Marine,, give the kid a break,,,,,
lucky he didn't say -go $hit in your fist...
you come across as though you have no
understanding of what "Y'all " means......

No sir its not that at all. Its that I posted on here
one time before and a Marine gave me a very hard time
because I didnt know what I was talking about.
He said I didnt belong on here and other stuff
so i apologized to stop that from happening again.
**that may have been ME ???
NO BIG DEAL IF it wasn't...
I'm one of the best ballbusters here
on the site.
Do what ever you do in life well.

Yes sir i do have a recruiting office but the
Marine recruiters arent there, im not sure why. The
Army and Navy recruiters told me there wouldn't be Marines in that office until February.

I would never joke about serving its a serious topic and I take pride in becoming a member into the huge Marine Corps family.

*just because some of us will bust your balls,
Doesn't mean we are not serious when we offer advise..

IT's up to you to understand it.
consider it.
and do something about it...

Texaswarrior
01-02-14, 01:38 PM
He had told me I didnt belong in the Corps and i should just leave the website. It really bothered me mainly because it was coming from a Marine who told me I didnt belong. If it was anyone else besides a Marine I wouldn't have cared.

fl1946
01-02-14, 02:20 PM
Of course I know what "Y'all" means, Ed. :marine: I grew up in the vortex where Mississippi Blues all started, Clarksdale, Cleveland, Mississippi. Even celebrated Andrew Jackson and Lee Day (holiday in South) until I left for California.

Y'all have a Happy New Year you he're? (as he looked up from his bowl of blackeyed peas, ham hock and skillet cornbread smuddered with fresh soft creamy butter).

S/F

Huklebuk
01-02-14, 09:49 PM
I assure you there is a Marine recruiter somewhere close that would set up an appointment. You just have to make some phone calls and find out who is working your high school. If the closest recruiting station has no recruiters in it, Someone is covering it.