PDA

View Full Version : Badgering my Recruiter?

KevinTRyan
12-30-13, 04:53 PM
How is it going everyone. I've been talking to my recruiter since May of '13 about going active duty but I have some things that have slowed down the process. For starters I'll be 23 in April of '14, I was arrested for Graffiti when I was 19 and have tattoos just above my knee caps (That can be covered by my hand) which show when I wear PT gear.

My question is how long is al of this going to take because my recruiter keeps telling me its out of his hands and my package is here, there, where ever but then have me fill out random paperwork months later. They've been trying to get me to join Reserves because they said it will get me processed faster but I don't want to be reserves at all.

There was a solid 2 month period where my recruiter rarely returned my texts / phone calls and when I met back up with him a few months ago he basically ran the initial interview all over again.

I'm not sure how this works but how often should I call my recruiter and check in and ask for updates on what's going on?

Thanks, Kevin

Kegler300
12-30-13, 05:37 PM
Bring him a few qualified prospects, and you'll get his attention.

KevinTRyan
12-31-13, 12:19 PM
I brought him in 2 qualified graduates and have also been going to all of the PT sessions and Pool functions. From what I understand the budget cuts are really leaning into them but I find it hard to believe that my package hasn't been reviewed yet if it was actually sent in June. I even got my stretched ears sewn for them in May because they told me once they heal I can go to MEPS.

irpat54
12-31-13, 12:55 PM
don't know what to tell you other then PM Huklebuk he is the resident recruiter, and he can answer your questions better then any of us..
Good luck keep up posted as to haw things progress..