PDA

View Full Version : waiting on a med read

jake4410
12-20-13, 07:35 PM
Hello I was wondering if any of you all could tell me what I should do. I'm waiting on a med read for IGA naphropathy a stupid kidney disorder. I got a letter from my doc saying in his opinion I was fine and perfectly healthy.

It's been a week and a half since we sent the med read to meps I was just wondering if any of you had advice on what to do.

My recuiter said all we can do is wait but I'm not satisfide with that, I want to go to Parris Island worse than I want to breath so what can I do?

I was supposed to ship on January 6th but because I had to submit this med read I couldn't sware ( Swear ) in!

Phantom Blooper
12-20-13, 07:48 PM
Take a seat and breath....

MEPS takes awhile longer than 1 1/2 weeks.

Those people are all on leave and vacation for Christmas and new years.

jake4410
12-20-13, 08:21 PM
That's what I was afraid of... The waiting game just sucks I would do anything to be a marine and all i can do is wait. Thank you tho

Tennessee Top
12-21-13, 05:48 AM
It sucks but you need to get used to it. "Hurry up and wait" is a fact of life even in the USMC. Just because you put on our uniform does not mean things are going to happen on your schedule. Patience is a virtue young grasshopper.

doc h fmf
12-21-13, 08:38 AM
As a former Navy corpsman I wish you the best of luck. Meps will probably send it to BUMED(the big cheese in medical) that says yea or nay. I think you will be DQ'D because of the danger of this disease.Takes anywhere from 3 -12 month of waiting for BMED

Wishing you all the best

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Rocky C
12-21-13, 08:48 AM
You can listen to your recruiter and wait.
You are not the first one he has been through this with.

Best of luck.