PDA

View Full Version : What vehicle tech is the Corps investing in?

Mat89
11-20-13, 09:24 PM
I mean technology wise, what vehicles are big with the Corps? What contracts are newest and in the development pipeline, that the Marine Corps' all about? I'm a certified auto technician, and I'm told I'm smart, so maybe I should choose an MOS I'm strong with. But I don't want to choose a tech if its going to be obsolete in two years. I should learn on a system that's going to last a while, you know what I mean?

Thanks Mat

crazymjb
11-20-13, 10:18 PM
In my opinion do a job in the military you can't do elsewhere. No shame in being a mechanic, but you can do that at home for more money with less yelling.

Most major vehicle maintenance is performed by contractors. Maybe some mechanics can chime in, but all our motor-t mechs did was change tires and oil, and top off power steering fluid... in fact most of us just did that ourselves. Whenever we had a vehicle problem we would drive it to one of the contractor set up sites in Afghanistan, where these dudes were making 200K a year fixing fire extinguishers.

Mike

Mat89
11-21-13, 02:27 AM
I laughed when I read 200 k. That's insane money for a 24 yr old living out of his luggage. I'll definitely take your advise with what else I've been told.

Thanks, Mat

Tennessee Top
11-21-13, 04:17 PM
Read the similar threads beneath your question. Looks like a couple of them may help you.

Mat89
11-21-13, 05:31 PM
Howdy Knoxville, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks, Mat

Rocky C
11-21-13, 05:51 PM
Are you 2 neighbors ? I have never heard anyone call Top that :evilgrin:

Mat89
11-21-13, 05:59 PM
No sir, but my pop went to jump school there.

Mat

Tennessee Top
11-21-13, 08:21 PM
Jump school here? Only military facility here is the Air National Guard Base.