PDA

View Full Version : MEPS questions

Jarad415
11-19-13, 09:05 PM
So, I am going to MEPS on Thursday and I was wondering what happens if I am over the limit on body fat? I think I am right in the range for weight but I am worried about the body fat part. Does anyone know what happens? Thank you.

crazymjb
11-19-13, 09:07 PM
The Marine Corps goes off a ridiculous height/weight chart. If you don't make weight (I never have in 6 years) they revert to an equally ridiculous tape chart. If you don't make tape I imagine they wouldn't process you in, since they WILL put you on BCP and sep you out if you don't make tape once you are in the Marine Corps.

Mike

Tennessee Top
11-19-13, 09:21 PM
Come back Friday and update your post so if somebody has the same question in the future they can search this site for an answer. Good luck.

Jarad415
11-23-13, 04:15 PM
Just got back today. They just weighed me, they didn't even check body fat. I'm assuming, then, that they just check if you are overweight, which I wasn't. I made it and am now a poolee :)

Rocky C
11-23-13, 04:55 PM
Congrats Jared !!!

You should send a PM to Rocky C to request a status change on the forum from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP " ;)

Rocky C
11-23-13, 05:36 PM
Thank you for the PM :)

Status changed to Poolee/DEP.
Please square away your profile asap with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you and best of luck to you.

DJ860420
11-29-13, 10:08 PM
For new joins the Marine Corps does not tape. Either you are overweight by the height and weight standards or not. Although for males you are given extra weight. For example to join for 6'4 you can be like 260 or some crazy weight. To ship you have to be within Marine standards so 6'4 225.