PDA

View Full Version : Mcep?

zwhite84
12-18-03, 10:25 AM
I have no idea what it is.... Someone told me to check it outm but have no idea where to begin.... I guess it means Marine Corps....EP??? Anyone help on this? The guy said it was a 'Golden Oppurtunity' What exactly did he mean?
Thanks again!

tferg78
12-18-03, 10:34 AM
MCECP is the Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Program, another way for enlisted Marine to become officers AKA mustangs...

lprkn
12-18-03, 10:38 AM
I was in the NROTC, so I know what you're talking about. MECEP stands for Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. It is an opportunity to go to college and be commissioned while active duty enlisted. I believe the requirements are:

Corporal or Above
At least 20 years of age but less than 26
Ranked in the Top 50% of high school class or GED score of 75
SAT score of 1000 or ACT of 45 or EL score of 115

When I was in the NROTC battalion, we had a lot of MECEP's. Most of them were Sergeants and Staff Sergeants, although I believe there was one Sergeant-select too.

For more info go here. (http://www.grose.us/Adjutant/mecep.html)

If you want to become an officer in the Marine Corps, it definitely is a "golden opportunity." However, it is very selective and competitive.

michy
12-18-03, 06:41 PM
you cant score a 45 on the ACT

jdfairman
12-18-03, 06:46 PM
Check out my "Marine Officer Programs" thread under the forum "Marine Mentor". There are many ways to earn a commission in the Marine Corps.
As far as MECEP goes, I noticed a few Corporals who got selected for MECEP on the last board. And yes, it is very competitive and selective. If you think you are up to the challenge, it is every bit a golden opportunity.
If becoming a commissioned officer is your goal, examine all opportunities and ways to realize your goal.

lprkn
12-19-03, 08:16 AM
When they say "45 on the ACT," I believe what they mean is by adding the score somehow, you get a 45 or higher. I remember when I applied to the Academy, they used some formula to convert my ACT score to an SAT.