PDA

View Full Version : What college credits does the Marine Corps take? Do they accept CCAF credits?g

PSOS
09-20-13, 05:03 PM
Long story short, I am prior service air force with a GED. I have all my paperwork submitted only thing holding me back is school. I do have 21 credits which are coming in via transcript from the CCAF. I am not able to locate any information that states wether or not this will be acceptable as *15* hours of credits.. It is still a accredited school, but does it intertwine with the Marines *SMART* or count at least?

Trying to get an idea of what I'm going to be looking at before its sent up the beloved chain of command..Any input or ideas? If this is the wrong forum discussion guide me in the right way, when in doubt open discussion seems to be the best. Thanks,

Rocky C
09-20-13, 05:20 PM
Yes it does. You are " Good to go " on the credit hours part.

Best of luck to you.

MunkyVsRobot
09-20-13, 07:29 PM
Bear in mind if you do, do the switch you will start over from the bottom and still have to go to recruit training.

PSOS
09-21-13, 06:27 AM
Understood, will be one hell of a time. Won't be a problem with a upper hand. Hardest part will be putting up with the 18 year old kids in boot.

Gemoore2
09-21-13, 07:34 AM
Air Force to Marines..

I think the hardest part is dealing with the fact that you will not have maids to clean your barracks room anymore! :D

I'm kidding!

You should be talking to a recruiter, if you have not done so. I'm just going off speculation here when I say: I do not think your GED will hold you back as much as your "Time of Service" will, considering the recent downsizing. Prior service veterans sometimes run into A LOT of road blocks while attempting to enlist into the Marine Corps.

Well, good luck! Going from Airforce to Marine is a BIG and noble transition.

PSOS
09-21-13, 09:55 AM
Yes I'm working with one now, last information needed was my ccaf transfix which is in the mail. So now I'm waiting to see what happens with that the big question we had that was unknown was the acceptance of the ccaf credits as college credits to enlist as ged with 15 credits. Pretty excited if I can say so myself it's going to be an amazing switch.

Rocky C
09-21-13, 09:56 AM
:thumbup: