PDA

View Full Version : Information about my MOS?

Nicholastoscan0
08-30-13, 04:07 PM
Hello Marines! I've recently enlisted as a reservist under under MOS 2841, Ground Radio Repairer, and from what i've been able to pick up from research it sounds like I would enjoy the MOS. I'm just wondering if there is anyone here that has had this MOS or worked closely with someone of the MOS that could maybe give me an idea of what a typical day is like? Typical duties? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Rocky C
08-30-13, 04:25 PM
How can you know you have MOS 2841 ?

2841 is a whole other school you attend.

It is based on how well you do and what your class placement is in BEC school first and wether you are able to optain a Secret Security Clearance.

m14ed
08-31-13, 04:10 AM
How can you know you have MOS 2841 ?

Sweetpea's got a
" Magic 8-ball " ???

Gemoore2
08-31-13, 08:51 PM
I might be talking about something I really don't know here but....

He is going Reservist. I am sure things are a lot different for those guys. They are actually filling a slot within their unit prior to leaving to boot camp, rather than acquiring the MOS first then filling a slot, so I am sure they map out a whole MOS plan for them. If I remember correctly, they do the same thing within Military Police. A reservist can lock on a slot to be a K9 handler prior to even departing to boot camp while us active duty guys have to be squared away at MOS school to lock a slot on such as that.

Also, times have changed with clearances. I know for a fact that within my MOS all Recruits had to be cleared for a secret clearance prior to stepping foot on the yellow footprints.

Well as I stated, I may be wrong. I do know that I am correct about the clearances though..

m14ed
09-01-13, 01:55 AM
I might be talking about something I really don't know here but....

You're OK G-More....
What's the shame is we didn't have the kid doing PT while
we figure it out.....

Gemoore2
09-01-13, 02:05 AM
Haha!

Open up the house of pain!!