PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

Joey66
08-26-13, 03:20 PM
I am really close to becoming a Poolee all I need to do is gain seven pounds. But I messed up and found my girlfriend is pregnant, she still wants me to join and I want to still. So my question is can my recruiter say I can't join anymore or am I still eligible?
and does anyone have tips on gaining weight? No matter what I do I never gain weight

josephd
08-26-13, 04:06 PM
yes he has the option to tell you to kick rocks, that child will be considered a dependent upon being born and will require some paperwork. You are still technically eligible but with how hard it is to join lately don't be surprised if your recruiter doesn't want to work with you anymore.

Go to McDonalds, start eating cheeseburgers, and drink ALOT of water

Joey66
08-26-13, 04:11 PM
What are the odds of him telling me I can't join? Because the poolees I PT with some of them have kids

Rocky C
09-19-13, 09:39 AM
A dependent waiver is hard to come by these days.
Work with your recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

Tennessee Top
09-20-13, 04:17 PM
Are you planning on marrying your GF? You will then have 2 dependents which may require a waiver. Don't believe you can enlist as a single parent. Are your poolee friends with kids married? Sit down with your recruiter today and have a discussion about your options - you can't hide anything. They will need to know what you intend to do about your dependent situation. If you don't get married, you will have to pay child support which will change your financial situation as well. You have really complicated things - gaining the weight is the least of your worries now. And yes, your recruiter can turn you down (for any reason they want). Let us know what they say.

MunkyVsRobot
09-20-13, 07:33 PM
Are you planning on marrying your GF? You will then have 2 dependents which may require a waiver. Don't believe you can enlist as a single parent. Are your poolee friends with kids married? Sit down with your recruiter today and have a discussion about your options - you can't hide anything. They will need to know what you intend to do about your dependent situation. If you don't get married, you will have to pay child support which will change your financial situation as well. You have really complicated things - gaining the weight is the least of your worries now. And yes, your recruiter can turn you down (for any reason they want). Let us know what they say.

I dont believe that the Marine Corps would consider the girlfriend a dependant even with him possibly being the father there is still a whole lot of stuff one has to go getting a child added as a dependant when you are not married.. hell even if you are married i hear it is a chore. happened to a kid at my MOS school he had to get a paternity test done to prove he was the father even though he was 100% sure the child was his, then he needed to sign the birth certificate and get it notarized. It took quite a bit of time.

I also have heard in some instances they try to get the father to sign away the parental rights even for just temp.

fl1946
09-20-13, 09:51 PM
Young man, you got some bad cards in your hands. Notwithstanding you wanting to be in the Marine Corps, your responsibility to your girlfriend and child is going to be immense. I see limited options: 1) if you marry, chances are going to be slim to none getting in the Corps; 2) if you don't disclose and your marriage is discovered, you've violated your enlistment contract. Moreover, you lied so the Corps can just drop you off at the Greyhound station. But the most important thing you will have to put your arms around, consider what you must do to give the quality of life your girlfriend and child deserve. Good luck. You really did a number on yourself. I feel for you.