PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Marine

Fordtuf
07-31-13, 01:37 AM
My name is Aaron I was in the army for a few months before getting hurt. I started working at a factory and met a Marine who really is motivating me to join. I am about to turn 24, I am an re3 and GED but I have almost 50 college credits and I'm in great shape. More than anything I want to be a Marine I will do anything to get in I'm drug free no drama before I talk to a recruiter I want advice to prove to them I'm willing to do what it takes to be a Marine very serious about this and I want this very much and will do anything

Fordtuf
07-31-13, 07:09 AM
Ok I apologize I just joined this sight and wasn't sure how to navigate and search and found the answers to a few of my questions and I appreciate the effort the effort you Marines put into it for those who are ignorant on this subject. I hope I didn't offend I don't feel entitled to answers just hoping to get some guidance on getting a game plan for dealing with my combination of roadblocks. I appreciate all our Marines and Sailors who offer this service to us

Lisa 23
07-31-13, 07:29 AM
You have an RE3 code, which one....

MARINE CORPS
RE-3B, RE-3C, RE-3D, RE-3E, RE-3F, RE-3G, RE-3H, RE-3J, RE-3M, RE-3N, RE-3P, RE-3R, RE-3S, RE-3U, RE-3W

Any RE3 will require a waiver. And no, none of the Marines here know if it would be approved or not.

Tennessee Top
07-31-13, 04:38 PM
You will need to talk to a prior service recruiter. But, be forewarned. Due to sequestration and the downsizing of our active duty forces, the USMC is not currently accepting prior service applicants (not even former Marines). The fact you would need a waiver is also a strike against you. You can always ask (IF you can find a prior service recruiter who will even talk to you) but be prepared to be turned down.

Come back and let us know how it works out for you in case someone in the future wants to do the same thing (we'll be able to advise them accordingly).

Good luck.