PDA

View Full Version : MECEP for PS?

iLostMyWeapon
07-23-13, 09:09 PM
Hello all,

I'm currently a Guardsman in his last year, and I'm looking to re-up but would prefer Active Duty. I'm trying to finish my degree, but probably will just have an A.A. by the time I ETS. I know the Corps isn't much for anybody right now, but if I'm ultimately trying to go Officer does that change anything? I'll even take Warrant potentially if that gives me a better shot.

Thanks in advance.

josephd
07-23-13, 11:07 PM
you wouldn't be eligible for MECEP unless you are a Marine already. You'd also need to be a $hit hot NCO to even be considered.

I don't know what PS is..??....

If you wanted be an officer in the Corps your best chance would be to stay in school and speak with a OSO(officer selection office) in your area. Get a PLC or OCC package started to get a seat at OCS. Upon graduation of OCS and from college you'll commission a 2nd Lt. and go on from there.

Warrant officers in the Corps are very MOS specific and are considered experts of that MOS. If you aren't already a Marine(NCO or SNCO) you wouldn't be eligible to put in a WO/CWO package.

iLostMyWeapon
07-24-13, 07:04 PM
PS means Prior Service? I guess the Marines have a different term?

I'm an E-4 now, but I'm getting ready to put on E-5 in the next two weeks. By the time I ETS I'll have 1 year TIG. I'm fully expecting to get a Reduction, but isn't E-4 still an NCO for the Corps? Or would I become an E-3 again? (Oh Nooo)

What if I'm the best thing smokin this side of the Mississippi? Haha.

josephd
07-24-13, 09:46 PM
PS means Prior Service? I guess the Marines have a different term?

I'm an E-4 now, but I'm getting ready to put on E-5 in the next two weeks. By the time I ETS I'll have 1 year TIG. I'm fully expecting to get a Reduction, but isn't E-4 still an NCO for the Corps? Or would I become an E-3 again? (Oh Nooo)

What if I'm the best thing smokin this side of the Mississippi? Haha.

you won't get to keep your rank if you join the Marine Corps, being PS you'll come in as an E-2 and if your extremely lucky you can graduate boot camp as company honor grad and pick up E-3. From there depending on your MOS you wont pick up Cpl for at least a year or two after you hit the fleet.

Again your best chance at commissioning in the Corps is to stay in college and speak with an OSO in your area to get you to OCS. Don't bother with enlisting.I will tell you what I tell everyone on here....enlisting is NOT a stepping stone to becoming an officer and it does not make you a better one.