PDA

View Full Version : MOS School?

militaryxbabe
07-21-13, 06:09 PM
My ship date is June 16th, 2014 and my MOS is aviation electronics technician. I was curious of long is MOS school for me. I know it depends, but I would still like to know.. on average how long would school be for me.

Thanks!

ChuckH
07-21-13, 07:30 PM
Completely fill out your profile ASAP or this thread will be deleted.

Yup
07-22-13, 04:33 PM
There are lots of MOSs that are covered under that title. If you are "I" level you can expect your "A" school to be around 9 months then a follow on "C" school for around 3 months or so. "O" level will be more like 4 months "A" school then 2-3 months "C" school. Of course you need to make it through boot camp and MCT first.

militaryxbabe
07-22-13, 09:56 PM
There are lots of MOSs that are covered under that title. If you are "I" level you can expect your "A" school to be around 9 months then a follow on "C" school for around 3 months or so. "O" level will be more like 4 months "A" school then 2-3 months "C" school. Of course you need to make it through boot camp and MCT first.
Thank you! I mean it's hard for me to find information on this subject. I know I more than likely won't know more than what you have given me. I am just a little curious of what I am up for. Also, I believe I will make it through boot camp and MCT. Really to me it's 70% mental and 30% physical. And I already go to PT every week and gym

Tennessee Top
07-23-13, 04:58 AM
Am curious how you can have a MOS like aviation electronics technician already. I thought one could only enlist in an occupational field and not a specific MOS (or maybe that is the occupational field...I was never in aviation eventhough I did serve with aviation squadrons).