PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, looking for a positive outlet while wife's in training

marinehusband
07-17-13, 10:25 PM
Hello,
I'm new to all this and just wanted to find a place to go when I need some support while my wife's away in training.
About my wife: she is 24 and a PFC in the Marines. She just completed basic training bootcamp/recruit training and now is at Camp Lejeune at MCT. Her MOS is 4300 public affairs. From my research I have found she will be going to Fort Meade Md. for 11 weeks.
About me: I am 31 years old. I currently reside in Fort Worth Texas. I work as a mechanic fixing heavy equipment for the construction industry.
About us: Jenna and I met last year after she had already enlisted in the Marine Corps. As soon as we met we hit it off and she will tell you she knew she was gonna marry me from the first time she laid eyes on me. For me it took longer to get there. I was still wild and wasn't ready to settle. But I soon realized that I had something really special and wanted to become a better man so I could keep her in my life. I eventually fell very deep in love with my wife. We decided to get married before she left for basic bootcamp/recruit training. And so on Jan 23 2013, we became husband and wife. Then April 08 she left for basic bootcamp/recruit training. That was a very hard time for me. Not being able to talk or see her for three months did everything but kill me. She graduated from November Company on July 03. She left Monday for MCT and has just picked up with Golf Company. So this time around I have decide to try and find a support group to help me stay positive and make the days go by faster.

So that's pretty much our story and hope to find every thing I'm looking for here.

Apache
07-18-13, 09:42 AM
Welcome aboard
Complete your profile (lacking in detail)
Look at other profiles for examples.

May you enjoy your time on the site.

Rocky C
07-18-13, 09:52 AM
Welcome Aboard.
Your profile looks good as that is all that is required for a " Marine Spouse ".

marinehusband
07-18-13, 11:35 AM
Thank you guys Marines. So what are some ways you all find that help when your significant other are away? Lot of my ways would probably be considered unhealthy, that's why I came here to strike up conversations with people to make all this easier.

m14ed
07-18-13, 02:09 PM
CRAP YOUNGSTER...

Most of the "MARINES" on here......
Were for the most part,
the ones who did the traveling.......

NOT the ones who stayed home
Knitting

BUT - Welcome to the Site.
We'll help where we can....

Old Marine
07-18-13, 03:28 PM
Pay no attention to M14ed. He gets PMS at least once a month and sometimes twice a month.

Welcome aboard and we will give you all the support we can muster up. Just do not whine about anything as most Marines have a problem with whiner's.:evilgrin:

Rocky C
07-18-13, 05:32 PM
Wha-Wha- Wha-:D

m14ed
07-19-13, 02:53 AM
:thumbup:

HEY,,,,,,

NO BRASS BALLS = NO blue chips ....
FEW of us here are Bashfull....

Mongoose
07-19-13, 05:28 AM
Let me go ahead and apologize in behalf of my brothers! Most are border line senile.....some way past the border. I'm one of the younger and more hansom Marines here and still mentally alert. However, they do have good intentions......when they can find 'em.

Rocky C
07-19-13, 08:28 AM
Hahaha !!!
That was Good Billy, I mean KIRK :banana:...Douglas.

See that Marine Husband, we'll keep your mind of your troubles while the Bride is away.

m14ed
07-20-13, 06:03 AM
Thank you guys Marines.
(Last edited by Lisa 23; 07-18-13 at 02:48 PM.)
(we see that you've already ran afoul of "Lisa23" =
one of our squad leaders ) for your not spelling Marine correctly

So what are some ways you all find that help
when your significant other are away?

Lots of my ways would probably be considered unhealthy,
DID you come here for COMPANY ?
or MORE tips on an UnHealthy Lifestyle ?

that's why I came here

to strike up conversations with people
to make all this easier.
**YOU may not enjoy it...
BUT we're gonna have a good time.

oh

dont let the wife know you're having a good time while she's gone....

Apache
07-20-13, 06:39 AM
So---- what's a topic of intrest to you ?

advanced
07-20-13, 06:52 AM
Hahaha !!!
That was Good Billy, I mean KIRK :banana:...Douglas.

See that Marine Husband, we'll keep your mind of your troubles while the Bride is away.

I resemble that.

Rocky C
07-20-13, 07:33 AM
Sorry Russ, you are correct Brother ... :)

Mongoose
07-20-13, 12:35 PM
Sorry Russ, you are correct Brother ... :)

Rocky, you know how Russ gets if you don't mention the fact that all the old mammasons called him #1.

Rocky C
07-20-13, 02:15 PM
I think I also heard Russ use the word Beacoup also...:banana:

Where's our OP. It's his thread and he's missing all the fun we are creating for him for his distraction ?

Tennessee Top
07-21-13, 03:52 PM
It will take him some time to adjust to us Marines (IF he ever does).

What's the female equivalent to Jody anyway? Do the female recruits at PI sing cadences about him like we did?