PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer to my goal

Erich08
06-28-13, 06:22 PM
Today I dropped off my medical records with my recruiter so he could get them up to the MEPS station. He said I would know by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week if I am squared away. I have a titanium plate in the front of my lower right jaw from a stress fracture that was caused by a baseball hitting me in the face about 12 years ago... good times. Anyway, I opted out of the surgery for having the plate removed after my jaw had healed because the doctor told me it would not affect me in any way so I decided to leave it in instead of getting cut open again.

The recruiter told me he doesn't think it will be an issue considering the fact that it doesn't hinder me in any way, and he also let me know he got a guy in last year or so who had some hardware still in. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Once I find out whether or not I am good to get there then it's off to MEPS. I have been working on my pull ups, sit ups, and run time. I will also be wrapping up my high school diploma obviously before I ship to MEPS as well. If any Marines or others have read my previous posts you will know what I am talking about.

I will update as soon as I know something!

Rocky C
06-29-13, 03:26 PM
:thumbup: Your getting there.
Thank you for the updates.

Erich08
07-19-13, 12:32 PM
Quick update.. Got a call from my recruiter this past Wednesday letting me know he had heard back from the doctors at MEPS. They let him know that I have to get a letter of release from the Doctor who performed my surgery and I should be squared away. And as for my diploma, it will be finished up on Tuesday. So If I can get into the doctor early next week and get the release letter and get it faxed up to MEPS I might be heading up there the following Monday.

My sister is considering joining as well. When the recruiter came over to sit down and talk to my wife and I she just happened to come over ( she lives across the street) and he talked to her about joining. She and I went and PT'd yesterday and are gonna be heading back on Tuesday as well. I think it would be great if she decided to join with me.

Anyway, just wanted to give the update as promised.. It was later then expected due to having not heard back from MEPS.

Erich08
08-05-13, 09:17 PM
Quick update. Got my letter of release today. The Doctor literally saw me for all of 5 min just to tell me that my jaw had healed perfectly fine and that it is now stronger due to the fracture healing. And he wrote out my letter of release.. $95.00 later that letter has been faxed back up to MEPS and now I wait, I also got my diploma as well.

Hopefully I hear back later this week and if so I will be going to MEPS this coming Monday. Been working my ass off for this.

Gemoore2
08-06-13, 07:56 PM
Stay motivated.

Erich08
08-26-13, 10:30 PM
Latest update. I just left the recruiting station about 2 hours ago after completing some paper work. Signed the open contract so I can get to MEPS. I will be heading there on Wednesday to take my ASVAB and then Thursday for my physical. So if all goes well I will be enlisted and signing my contract. Shooting for intel, we will see how it goes.

Rocky C
08-27-13, 07:57 AM
Your getting there :thumbup:.

Erich08
09-03-13, 09:18 PM
Enlisted today due to a snag on Thursday. Got an 81 on my ASVAB and with that score it opened up intel for me. So I am pretty sure that is what I am going to do. So once I sign the contract my recruiter told me I will be back up at MEPS next week to take the DLAB. My ship date is 20140210.

Rocky C
09-04-13, 08:13 AM
Congrats Erich.

I will change your status right now to Poolee/DEP. Please square away your profile ASAP with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you.

Tennessee Top
09-04-13, 10:47 AM
Congratulations and thanks for the update. It's good to know existing hardware can be waived.

Erich08
09-04-13, 11:03 AM
Thank you. And I didn't even need a waiver for it. Just had to get the letter of release from the surgeon and the Doctor at MEPS checked it out and asked if there was any pain and I was good to go. The only waiver I required was a dependent waiver.