PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good meal to eat before a intense PT session?

RyanCollins
06-24-13, 09:04 AM
I go down to the recruiting station every other day and do hard PT sessions but sometimes I feel like throwing up because of what I ate. Suggestions on what to eat? (Specifics are nice)

Rocky C
06-24-13, 09:36 AM
Keep a journal of what you are eating before your PT sessions that make you feel that way and then use the process of elimination for those foods.

Everyone has a differant tolerance so there is no way to tell. Only you know what works for you.

What works for me is a 16 oz protien shake 30 minutes before I workout.

Good luck...

Cpl Raider3
06-24-13, 11:04 AM
Don't eat anything heavy, obviously. I would usually eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or an orange before morning PT. The meal AFTER PT is where I would go heavier.

RyanCollins
06-24-13, 12:08 PM
Thanks. I will try what you said Rocky, and to Cpl, I will eat Fruit on Wednesday (next PT).

Once again thanks for the tips.

josephd
06-24-13, 05:01 PM
A banana or two

Kegler300
06-24-13, 05:03 PM
Pasta three to four hours before you work out ...

Marine1955
06-24-13, 06:24 PM
I go down to the recruiting station every other day and do hard PT sessions but sometimes I feel like throwing up because of what I ate. Suggestions on what to eat? (Specifics are nice)

Best thing to do is not eat at all before you work out. Waite until your done and then eat a good breakfast and don't over eat too..
We always ran in the morning and after P.T. would do the three S's and hit the chow hall...never once did I have to get sick during P.T. or after. Good Luck..

chulaivet1966
06-25-13, 07:22 AM
IMO....
I would eat something a hour or so before workout as already stated.
All kinds of foods to choose and the 'banana', 'pasta' suggestions are fine ideas also.

If it were me (I worked out in the afternoons) and I'm working out in the morning I'd suggest some oatmeal w/blueberries (I add a bit of brown sugar) and maybe a couple hard boiled eggs or a large glass of milk.
That's plenty of good carbs/fats/protein.
If in the afternoon a peanut butter sandwich with some honey on hearty, whole wheat bread and a glass of milk is also packed with good energy and nutrients.

It may be incumbent on you to learn more about foods so I'll throw out this link should you be interested:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?104235-Physically-Ready

I think everyone is a bit different in their approach and what works for one may not be ideal for another.

Good luck.....carry on.

VINCE8541
06-26-13, 08:35 AM
An old time recon marine recommended a glass of orange juice and a brownie before the recon indoc test.