PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Brendan94
06-21-13, 02:44 AM
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to become a Marine. I had heard my Dad tell stories about the great times he had, the bonds he made, and how he loved the life he lived while in the service. He's been out of active duty since '82, but to this day he stands tall and proud as a Marine. The day I turned 18, I went to my local recruiter's station and asked to sign up. To be honest, I had been in there quite often asking questions, trying to gain as much advice as possible. I go to fill out the paperwork, and a doctor's form needed to be filled out and returned. I had turned it in, and they sent it off to MEPS. Now, it's been almost 3 months since I've heard anything about this and I'm a little worried. The paperwork was from a therapist, and although it wasn't a good mark for me, it seemed pretty straight forward on paper. I've called my recruiter several times, met with him, and he says he hasn't heard anything back. Now it's coming up on my 19th birthday, and I'm worried I won't be accepted. If any Marines or Poolees reading this have any ideas as to what may be holding this up, or any thoughts about my possibilities of acceptance, please do not hesitate to contact me because I have run out of ideas to set my mind at ease about it.

A Worried Hopeful

Tennessee Top
06-22-13, 03:05 PM
It's hard to understand what you're actually saying. Just sending a form to MEPS does not accomplish anything. Are you saying your recruiter submitted a BUMED waiver on you? Have you completed a physical at MEPS? A statement from a therapist normally does not mean anything (it must come from a doctor). Did the docs at MEPS DQ you? If your recruiter submitted a waiver, 3 months is not long enough to get worried about. The people at BUMED are understaffed and overworked just like everybody else.