PDA

View Full Version : Confederate flags banned from City Cemetery in Jacksonville

jp2usmc
05-24-13, 09:06 AM
Our new Marine Corps League chapter in Jacksonville has made the news.

I'm fine with honoring Confederate Veterans that died a hundred years ago, if that's the way they want to spend their time and money.

That said, this honor does not have to proclaim, "I'm an ignorant redneck who does not care if what I do offends anyone else."

Just because these backwood hillbillies ride around with a rebel flag slapped on their truck does not mean the Confederate Flag is not offensive to many people.

The Confederate Flag is seen by many as a symbol for racism and white supremacy. These Marines can say whatever they want to justify their reasons for showing it, but that does not change the connotation and stereotype that follows it.

The Jacksonville Marine Corps League might as well have stood up and proclaimed, "We love the KKK!"

This conduct is offensive and unbecoming. Someone from the League (maybe National) should have a talk with this chapter and its officers.

Article: Confederate flags banned from City Cemetery in Jacksonville (http://www.ketknbc.com/news/confederate-flags-banned-from-city-cemetery-in-jac)

There is a video in the link above, but here is the text of the report:

POSTED: Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 7:16pm
UPDATED: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 8:34am
TYLER, TX — For Memorial Day, the Marine Corps League in Jacksonville planned to honor confederate veterans at the City Cemetery.

They wanted to place confederate flags on graves of those who fought for the confederacy, but it's become an issue.

The Marine League argues confederate veterans are considered American War Veterans.

They say there are more than 150 confederate veterans here and they want to honor them.

"We were placing out the flags that there was quite a few confederate graves," says Charles 'Chuck' Bones.

They were to be placed on graves which had confederate emblems on them.

"Furnished by our Government, that says CSA, Confederate states of America," says Stephen Hutson.

"Once we noticed that, I researched to see what we could do honor those veterans," says Charles 'Chuck' Bones.

He says the U.S.. has a law to honor all U.S. Veterans which includes confederate soldiers.

The response they're getting from city officials is the 'Rebel Flag' is too controversial, so the city is saying no.

For some the confederate flag symbolizes racism, hatred and slavery.

"The confederate flag to me and a lot of other people symbolizes freedom and freedom from tyranny of Northern states of the time that tried to impose taxes excess taxes on the cotton sales," says Charles 'Chuck' Bones.

Bones says, the flag symbolizes the Southern states being against the U.S. because of the taxes.

He says, we had slaves in the North and South and someone spun this into a controversial subject.

"It doesn't matter if it was a confederate veteran or a Northern Veteran, they're still entitled to the same respect as any other veteran as a veteran of WWI, WWII, etc.," says Stephen Hutson.

KETK contacted The City of Jacksonville officials but they were unavailable to comment.

m14ed
05-24-13, 01:43 PM
DO TELL , JP....
Vote with your feet.
Vote with your pocket.

It's still the First Amendment...

jp2usmc
05-24-13, 01:52 PM
If they pay for it with their own money - fine.

This Marine Corps League wants the government to pay for their Confederate flags.

Also, they try to act like the Confederate flag isn't offensive to anyone. Come on. They should know better than that.

Hammer
05-24-13, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Hammer
05-24-13, 02:06 PM
If they pay for it with their own money - fine.

This Marine Corps League wants the government to pay for their Confederate flags.

Also, they try to act like the Confederate flag isn't offensive to anyone. Come on. They should know better than that.

Next, I guess you'll say I should remove my State Flag. It has the Bars and Stars in it. Meet me at a NASCAR Race, and I'll let you explain your views to them.

awbrown1462
05-24-13, 02:33 PM
but its ok to have a US flag on graves of those who fought for the Union and have the Goverment pay for it right the flags are only there for one weekend then taken off... and most of those did not own a slave they fought for their State.. no matter what you say it is part of all of our histroy

jp2usmc
05-24-13, 03:44 PM
Am I the only one here who feels that a person who displays a Confederate Flag is openly stating they want to go back to having slaves?

awbrown1462
05-24-13, 04:03 PM
maybe because you are the only one who thinks everyone who flags the Confederate flag whats to go back to slavery.

jp2usmc
05-24-13, 04:22 PM
It certainly is the case where I live.

Hammer
05-24-13, 05:01 PM
JP. what Marine Corps League Detachment do you belong to? Answer how the Marine Corps League wants the government to pay for Confederate Flags. The League is self substaining. If you are a League Member, have you talked to your Detachment Commandant/Judge Advocate?

Mongoose
05-25-13, 07:10 AM
Am I the only one here who feels that a person who displays a Confederate Flag is openly stating they want to go back to having slaves?Number one....the Civil War started over states rights. Slavery was just part of it. Most who died for the South never had slaves. Why don't we ban the U.S. flag our troops carried when we killed American Indians, then moved their families to what amounted to interriment camps. Lets do away with our flag because we rounded up Jap. American citizens and took over their land in WW2. You need to get your shet together Marine. You don't strip people of their idenity, just cause YOU 'LL don;t like it.

MAG266165
05-25-13, 08:08 AM
When I was stationed there during the early 60's, the locals were proud of their southern heritage and that was their right. It was fashionable among those from the north to accuse them of forgetting that the CW was over but the same could be said of them also. Historically, many black soldiers served the Confederacy out of loyalty to their states. Also, by the time it became apparent that radical reconstruction was a failure in 1876 and Rutherford Hayes was elected president, former Confederates had re-entered the US military and government at all levels. Within twenty years, a Confederate veteran was sitting on the US Supreme Court and three former Confederate generals were corps commanders in the Spanish-American war. Denying our nation's Confederate heritage to future generations is nothing more than a deception.

Mongoose
05-25-13, 08:09 AM
It certainly is the case where I live.

You know what brother......I lived in Whiteoak, right next to you, for a while. I knew many who had Confederate flags, including me......that thinks slavery stinks. You must be in a small select group. We see the Confederate flag as a symbol of our unity....not the beliefs of those who had slaves. Sounds like you're hung up on racism. If we ban everything that offends someone else.....what will we have left?

advanced
05-25-13, 08:15 AM
Am I the only one here who feels that a person who displays a Confederate Flag is openly stating they want to go back to having slaves?

Looks like you are. What they are really saying is that they want to go back to states rights. 1 thing that I've learned in life is that we get into trouble when we apply our values to everyone else. If you had ever spent any time at all in the south you would understand how foolish your statement is. To many in the south the civil war was not a war to free the slaves, it was a war of northern aggression. Lincoln only freed the slaves as a means to further weaken the south, hoping the slaves would rise up and assist the union - they never did. He did not free the slaves in the north by the way, only in the south.

Some of my fondest memories are that of being part of southern biker groups and the sight of 20-50 of us wearing all sorts of southern flags and clothing riding through small towns in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee or Ark. We looked like part of Ol Stonewall's Calvary. And everyone always waved at us, whites, blacks. You see we are all Americans.

So stop listening to Jesse Jackson, the Rev Al Sharpton and others that spew hate and would have us all do away with our traditions. Just saying.

ChuckH
05-25-13, 08:15 AM
I am a California boy born and raised, I now live in the North East in CT, never once in my life have I associated the Confederate flag with slavery...

advanced
05-25-13, 08:50 AM
By the way, there's a crossroads store just south of the main gate to Shiloh Battlefield where they sell nothing but Confederate flags, hats, clothing, keep-sakes and such. There's a similar store close to Pontotoc Mississippi. The owners have told me that most of their sales are to visitors from up north, who would have thought.

ChuckH
05-25-13, 09:28 AM
Redneck wannabes????? LOL

Mongoose
05-25-13, 09:31 AM
Something else J.P. Us so called Rednecks, have fought in every war since America was founded. The freedom we fought for is not limited to those who are offended by our actions. Here's a little piece of history for you. When the Civil war started, the Marine Corps seperated . Most officers going to the North, and the enlisted going to the South. The only time in the Corps history, that a Marine unit surrendered.......was a Northern Marine unit surrendering to the South.

HST
05-25-13, 01:05 PM

I'm back for a moment.....You might be but even if you are right and there are those who think that way, it's their right to think it. Let's be honest, blacks can have a black firefighters assn and a black police officers and the black muslins can want a section of the country given to them for blacks only but if a white person advocates the same things for whites, its racist...that's what has a lot of people upset...it's called a double standard and it seems to be getting more and more biased against the white race as time goes on.

FistFu68
05-25-13, 11:28 PM
Southern Born & Southern Bred I fly Ole Glory The Stars & Bars & The USMC Flag all on the same Pole. Go Easy Semper Fidelis :iwo: :flag: :beer:

MAG266165
05-26-13, 07:42 AM
Were the Confederate dead interred at J'ville Marine Corps League members?

Mongoose
05-26-13, 05:39 PM
It's shet like this, that keeps racism going strong! Most Confederate vets fought because of their loyalty to their home states. They were not putting their life on the line so some rich plantation owner could have slaves. The Confederate flag was a symbol of unity of the states that succeded. There isn't one person alive today that had black slaves, nor is there any black person alive today that was a slave. It shows a complete lack of character to keep beating a dead horse.

jp2usmc
05-26-13, 09:13 PM
The way I see it, having the US Government buy Rebel Flags for Confederate Vets equates to expecting our government to buy Jap flags for the Japanese, Indian flags for Native Americans, etc.

I have honor and respect for the Confederates who fought and died just like I have respect for American Indians, etc.

m14ed
05-27-13, 05:50 AM
WHY would they buy INDIAN flags for
North American Aboriginals ???
or the NORTH American Indigenous

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aboriginal
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/indigenous

Who'd wanna buy a Slave ??

Even the smartest examples like
Obama, and Holder .....

NAHHH...I'll pass , Thank You
Cotton ain't worth what it used to be.
And OSHA is difficult to explain...

Mongoose
05-27-13, 07:24 AM
I don't think the Government should pay for the flags either. And I don't personally think, they did. But, instead of you expressing your belief that the Government should not do so.....you showed your azz, by saying anyone that would do so, is openly saying he is all for the KKK, and believes he is superior to all races, and that they embrace the slavery of blacks.....thus making them back woods, redneck hill-billies. As long as there is people like you around, with your blind outlook........there will always be racism. You failed to see the reason behind the action.

HST
05-27-13, 10:09 AM
If the gov. is paying for flags for those that fought for the north they should pay for those who fought for the south. If we have any of the french or any other country's men who fought for us in the revolutionar or any other wars, they should be honored with the flags of their country just as the french honor our dead at Normandy.

Hammer
05-27-13, 11:56 AM
The way I see it, having the US Government buy Rebel Flags for Confederate Vets equates to expecting our government to buy Jap flags for the Japanese, Indian flags for Native Americans, etc.

I have honor and respect for the Confederates who fought and died just like I have respect for American Indians, etc.

Frankly, you're entitled to your opinion however wrong it may seem. However, your last sentence is a bunch of shtt. You have no respect for Confederates or Indians, because if you did, you wouldn't have stirred this **** up.

Burke7051
05-27-13, 01:39 PM

Nope.... I agree with you. I equate the Confederate Flag right up along there with the Nazi flag, it is a symbol of pure evil and hatred and it should be banned.

All this "Heritage not Hate" bullsh!t is a bunch of crap.

:marine: DEREK :usmc:

advanced
05-27-13, 02:24 PM
Looks like they left out a lot of history and respect in ya'lls education. I wonder what else was left out. Example, always wanting to ban what you don't agree with is simply a sign of ya'lls liberal educations. Not well rounded at all.

jp2usmc
05-27-13, 03:48 PM
History is written by the winners.

I know the KKK adopted the Rebel Flag and gave it a new meaning for the rest of the world.

To expand on Burke's contribution, the swastika was a great symbol until the Nazis ruined it.

My biggest and original objection, however, was that this MCL chapter wanted the government pay for offending flags.

Here is a Confederate Rebel Flag for $15 (http://www.micetrap.net/shop/catalog/klux-klan-white-power-confederate-rebel-flag-p-584.html)

And below, Duke posts history of the KKK, opening with "The Ku Klux Klan was founded in 1865 by Confederate veterans of the Civil war.":

Ref: Church of American Knights (http://sites.duke.edu/dialogues_kkk/history-of-the-kkki/)

There are many people who live their lives thinking the Confederate Flag is a symbol that they are some James Dean style Rebel Without a Cause. However, they should know how others are interpreting the message being presented by that flag.

Hammer
05-27-13, 05:14 PM
I've asked you in another post. You wouldn't answer. Are you or aren't you a member of the Jacksonville, Texas Marine Corps League.

If you are; he is entitled to know what you're saying about the League there, and given the opportunity to defend himself; and if you aren't you need to know all the facts.

jp2usmc
05-27-13, 08:00 PM
Hey Hammer,

No, I am not a member of the J'Ville MCL. I did notify everyone in our detachment about it, asking that someone say something to them.

No replies.

Burke7051
05-28-13, 03:34 AM
Well it's not really about a "liberal education" or anything like that. It's the fact that the Confederate flag is a symbol of hatred, racism, oppression, and enslavement of other human beings. Just like the Nazi flag. The Confederate flag shouldn't be allowed to be displayed and it should be either banned or burnt.

:marine: DEREK ​:usmc:

FistFu68
05-28-13, 11:46 AM
NOT :flag: Let's Ban the Muslim Flag I shall come up with many more things we shall Ban after I get some Work done Semper Fi

ChuckH
05-28-13, 11:49 AM
Well it's not really about a "liberal education" or anything like that. It's the fact that the Confederate flag is a symbol of hatred, racism, oppression, and enslavement of other human beings. Just like the Nazi flag. The Confederate flag shouldn't be allowed to be displayed and it should be either banned or burnt.

Well... I guess that's one opinion....

advanced
05-28-13, 12:22 PM
1 thing that I have observed is that those of you that are so misinformed as to the meaning of the "Stars and Bars" have never once stated, in any of your posts, any distain for the muslim flags. That little omission leaves a great big hole in your credibility as to the meaning of flags. It seems that ya'll choose your pc arguments well.

Burke - I don't like your avatar - Burn It.

Hammer
05-28-13, 01:17 PM
Here's my take on this issue. If you or your friends don't like the Confederate Stars and Bars, I don't give a sheet. It's your problem, not mine. I've run across sheet stirrers all my life; they have one common trait. All mouth; ( must be related to Conch; wait one of them is Conch's friend).

If you want me to quit flying my Confederate Stars and Bars; come take it down. This is one redneck hillbilly you don't want to fook with. The Westboro Church found that out, and spent three days in jail, when they were going to protest a Marines death.

jp2usmc
05-28-13, 01:56 PM
1 thing that I have observed is that those of you that are so misinformed as to the meaning of the "Stars and Bars" have never once stated, in any of your posts, any distain for the muslim flags. That little omission leaves a great big hole in your credibility as to the meaning of flags. It seems that ya'll choose your pc arguments well.

Burke - I don't like your avatar - Burn It.

The muslims have a flag? Is that what they wrap around their heads? (J/K)

Seriously, I have no idea what the muslim flag looks like. And I don't care, because it isn't something I'm going to be honoring.

Here's my take on this issue. If you or your friends don't like the Confederate Stars and Bars, I don't give a sheet. It's your problem, not mine. I've run across sheet stirrers all my life; they have one common trait. All mouth; ( must be related to Conch; wait one of them is Conch's friend).

If you want me to quit flying my Confederate Stars and Bars; come take it down. This is one redneck hillbilly you don't want to fook with. The Westboro Church found that out, and spent three days in jail, when they were going to protest a Marines death.

Getting a little off track, I think, Hammer.

I am just pointing out 2 things:

I do not think the government should be paying for Confederate Flags
These Marines had no clue the Confederate Flag offends many people

Apparently, these Marines also includes a number of THESE Marines as well.

I mean seriously think about this. How many Black Men have you ever, ever, EVER seen displaying a Confederate Flag?

Do you think that is because they are not against government control or because they view it as a racist slap back to slavery?

Come on. Seriously. Think deep about that one.

FistFu68
05-28-13, 09:01 PM
Think Afro Americans have a Helluva lot more 2 worry about than a RedNeck Yahoo waving around the Stars & Bars! More like Bigots hiding behind Ole Glory that live in Glass Houses :confused: :flag:

Burke7051
05-28-13, 11:32 PM
There is no "Muslim flag". The closest flag there is to a "Muslim flag" would probably be the Saudi Arabian flag, since it prominently displays the Shahada on a field of green, the color of Islam. Other than that, there really isn't a specific "Muslim flag" that represents the whole religion.

:marine: DEREK :usmc:

awbrown1462
05-29-13, 12:27 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4574446129905809&pid=15.1&w=125&h=110&p=0http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4887480542562001&pid=15.1&w=166&h=110&p=0 (http://www.leatherneck.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lhjkaVRQFgAgYtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB2aWFzcXF oBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDIxNV8xNDc-/SIG=1pk776si1/EXP=1369833955/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3fp=muslim%2bflag%26back=http%253A%252F%252Fs earch.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%253Fei%253DUTF-8%2526p%253Dmuslim%252Bflag%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-508%26w=800%26h=533%26imgurl=upload.wikimedia.org% 252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fthumb%252Fa%252Fae%2 52FNation_of_Islam_flag.svg%252F800px-Nation_of_Islam_flag.svg.png%26size=22KB%26name=80 0px-Nation_of_Islam_flag.svg.png%26rcurl=http%253A%252 F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FFile%253ANatio n_of_Islam_flag.svg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fen.w ikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FFile%253ANation_of_Islam _flag.svg%26type=%26no=2%26tt=115%26oid=50b9a9a4e0 70cb6dbd73a8fb57bcded0%26tit=File%253ANation%2bof% 2bIslam%2bflag.svg%2b-%2bWikipedia%252C%2bthe%2bfree%2bencyclopedia%26si gr=11qb44rfn%26sigi=13davb6qf%26sigb=12279psi9%26f r=yfp-t-508)
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4875437414746231&pid=15.1&w=165&h=110&p=0 (http://www.leatherneck.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lhjkaVRQFgAgotXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB2aWFzcXF oBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDIxNV8xNDc-/SIG=1qs6jlf3q/EXP=1369833955/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3fp=muslim%2bflag%26back=http%253A%252F%252Fs earch.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%253Fei%253DUTF-8%2526p%253Dmuslim%252Bflag%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-508%26w=324%26h=216%26imgurl=iranpoliticsclub.net% 252Fislam%252Fcrescent-star%252Fimages%252FMuslim%252520League%252520Part y%252520of%252520Pakistan%252520Flag.gif%26size=2K B%26name=Muslim%252520League%252520Party%252520of% 252520Pakistan%252520Flag.gif%26rcurl=http%253A%25 2F%252Firanpoliticsclub.net%252Fislam%252Fcrescent-star%252Findex.htm%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Firanp oliticsclub.net%252Fislam%252Fcrescent-star%252Findex.htm%26type=%26no=3%26tt=115%26oid=6 e3e333770700b436c6a5a0af8b5e09b%26tit=...%2bClub%2 53A%2bThe%2bMeaning%2bof%2bCrescent%2band%2bStar%2 bIslamic%2bSymbol%2b-%2bAhreeman%2bX%26sigr=11pame09f%26sigi=13205iblj% 26sigb=12279psi9%26fr=yfp-t-508)
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-508&va=muslim+flag

Burke7051
05-29-13, 02:34 AM

Burke7051
05-29-13, 02:40 AM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-508&va=muslim+flag

Nice try. Half of the flags in that link are flags of majority Muslim countries. They don't necessarily represent the Islamic religion per se. Like I said, there isn't really a flag that wholly represents all of Islam. Especially since there are so many branches of the faith, just like in Christianity.

m14ed
05-29-13, 03:02 AM
Hey Derek..

Didja go and get married on us and didn't tell ????
You little a$$hole....I hope she's better than you
deserve. And you two have a long , happy , life together.
You little DINK...
/Ed

Mongoose
05-29-13, 06:10 AM
Most Black people could give a shet less about the Confederate flag. It's your radical people that keeps racism in the main stream. When the blacks were freed, most stayed right where they were. Still worked for the same people. Most even took the last name of the ones they worked for. Alot of their ancestors are still there and call those states that enslaved them home. It's the shet heads of their race that keeps trying to take revenge on Whitey. Every race has it's 10%.....you know what I mean, Derek. Until people learn to forget and forgive......there will always be hatred in this Country, and it's polluting our young people.

MAG266165
05-29-13, 07:37 AM
By the standards being applied to the Confederate flag in this thread, the number of national flags which would be acceptable to the PC presentists would be a very short list. The Japanese still fly the same flag on their warships that they flew when they attacked Pearl Harbor and the same national flag that flew over the prison camps where tens of thousands of allied POW's were murdered, so scratch that one. The British still fly the same colors that they flew during their efforts to deny American independence in two wars and were present during numerous atrocities committed by their troops and Indian allies on the American frontier, so that could be objectionable. Sweden is a nice little country, but without its iron ore shipments, Germany could not have fought WWII, so lets ban their flag and Volvos too. The point is that hardly any nation has a spotless history, so why pick on the stars and bars? Especially when there were at least as many colored Confederates as there were colored yankees.

ChuckH
05-29-13, 07:52 AM
Colored??? Can you still say "colored" ??????
LOL

advanced
05-29-13, 08:25 AM
Colored??? Can you still say "colored" ??????
LOL

Chuck - I think he just did. Now, that's not very pc. What's going to happen to us now.

On the subject of flags, are flags not simply symbols of something else, something greater to those that respect it? Did some of us fight for a mere "flag" or did the flag symbolize something much greater, like our country and our culture.

It amazes me how our youngsters typically generalize everything and stretch most topics way beyond belief, yet here they become overly precise as to the meaning of a symbol, a flag. The muslim flag is the hijab.

The hijab for the Islamists not only represents the honor and dignity of islam & of muslim women, but it also creates a sense of supremacy over other people (you and me) who do not wear it. It unites the muslim culture much as a flag would as a separate and different entity within the society that uses this dress code. The hijab, then, unites muslims psychologically with the global muslim community rather than with their western societies. This community transcends countries, therefore no single flag as we know them.

It may be difficult to imagine how the issue of the hijab is so fundamental to the islamists. The simple reality is that islamic radical groups everywhere in the world care for nothing more than making muslim women wear the hijab.

So to simplify my earlier question for the informationly challenged; you challenge the stars and bars but say nothing about the symbols of islamic terrorism. How predictable. Just saying.

MAG266165
05-29-13, 08:35 AM
I believe the NAACP uses that term so it's hardly derogatory and isn't intended to be. To others who have travelled to even coastal Africa, conditions there were hardly anything that our sailors of that heritage wished to be associated with. Genocide, massive levels of corruption and slavery continue to be problems in many countries and the situation is unlikely to change any time soon. I often have discussions with my "liberal" friends about the poverty level in the US, but what we consider being poor in this country would be wealth beyond measure in much of Africa. The image I'd been given in high school and college was wildly inaccurate when compared with the reality of being there. There was a "back to Africa" movement on college campuses during the sixties but there weren't many takers. As Marines we were all aware of our primary identity as Americans and denying or fudging our history only obscures the extent of actual progress having been made in terms of national unity.

jp2usmc
05-29-13, 09:33 AM
> why pick on the stars and bars?

For the same reason we "pick on" the swastika. These are nationally recognized hate symbols.

Burke7051
05-29-13, 10:27 AM
I can't help how I was taught in the American education system if today though :D

m14ed
05-29-13, 10:28 AM
Today, 10:33 AM #50 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?114323-Confederate-flags-banned-from-City-Cemetery-in-Jacksonville&p=910924&viewfull=1#post910924)
jp2usmc (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?65295-jp2usmc)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/statusicon/user-offline.png

For the same reason we "pick on" the swastika. These are nationally recognized hate symbols.
.................................................. ......................................

JP....

You need more "BOOK LEARNING"......

You shoot quick from the HIP...
BUT you didn't IDENTIFY your target before shooting.

Your COLLATERAL DAMMAGE,
should minimize your bravado.....

Mongoose
05-29-13, 07:36 PM
> why pick on the stars and bars?

The Confederate flag is not recognized as a hate symbol!.........at least not by anyone with any common sense. Only shallow minds would equate a symbol of the unity of Southern states, as a symbol of hate. If you believe that agreeing with Black radicals will make them like you more.......you better think again. If anything, they would laugh , cause your white ass is half whopped already.

MAG266165
05-29-13, 09:37 PM
To some ****ant group, somewhere, practically any flag could be viewed as a "hate" symbol. The stars and bars is proudly displayed by many of southern heritage as symbol of the sacrifices made by their ancestors at the time of the noble cause. Hatred has nothing to do with it. Should the descendants of black Confederates be banned from showing it as well?

HST
05-31-13, 02:34 PM
I can't believe it! It's a first around here, 4 pages, 55 posts and not 1 blaming it on Obama, Congratulations.

jp2usmc
05-31-13, 02:36 PM
LOL - something more controversial than the Commander in Chief.