PDA

View Full Version : Inhaler for Bronchi Idus: Is this a disqualifier?

Nicholas Wamold
04-25-13, 07:02 PM
Hey Marines, I have not yet talked to my recruiter about this because I just realized but I know that if you have asthma you are automatically DQ from enlistment but I have had Bronchi Idus twice in my life (once in 4th grade when I was 8; once last summer) and I was prescribed an inhaler along with antibiotics in case I needed it. I never did but I don't know if this means I can't join now because an inhaler was prescribed to me. Any help would be nice before I talk to my recruiter just so I can have an idea on what to expect he will say.

Lisa 23
04-25-13, 08:30 PM
The best answers you are going to get are going to be from your Recruiter...and if anyone suggests that you lie.....DON'T!!!

Tennessee Top
04-26-13, 12:24 AM
There is no such condition. You probably mean bronchiectasis (chronic dilation of a bronchus or bronchi). Treatment normally consists of antibiotics, postural drainage, and aerosols (inhalers) if bronchospasm is present. Being that this is a chronic condition, just like asthma, my guess is that it will DQ you from service. But, won't hurt to ask your recruiter. Let us know what they say and good luck.

Nicholas Wamold
04-26-13, 06:26 PM
I asked my uncle who is in the service and said it can be chronic but in my case since it was a one time thing caused my a minor infection, I should be just fine. He asked a recruiter the same question I had and said it shouldn't be a DQ. Sorry for misspelling it; I meant to say Bronchitis. Thank you both though.