PDA

View Full Version : Working out (DEP)

Nicholas Wamold
04-24-13, 06:11 PM
Hey Marines, well I'm kind a embarrassed to say this but yesterday I had my first PT session with my recruiter and all the Poolees in my area, and I know that even today I have just been beat. I do wrestling and honestly thought that my 4 hours at wrestling everyday was possibly not as intense as that 2 hours yesterday. My question is: will it get better and what can I do by myself so I can get better and more in shape and won't be so messed up after the PT sessions?

Rocky C
04-24-13, 06:18 PM
You can click on the 2nd link under your thread and get some great info.

Hang in there :thumbup:.

The worst is yet to come :).....................

Nicholas Wamold
04-24-13, 06:47 PM
Thank you, Sir. I will, I sign up in June and the Gunnery Sergeant said I'm going to be my high schools USMC representative so I really want to get into shape and routine now before that happens next year.

Tennessee Top
04-25-13, 01:18 AM
It will get better as you build strength and endurance but that does not happen overnight. Don't try to overdue things as that can result in an injury and set your training back as long as it takes you to heal. Proper stretching, warming up, and cooling down are essential. In order to see results, you have to put the work in first.

chulaivet1966
04-25-13, 09:20 AM
It will get better as you build strength and endurance but that does not happen overnight. Don't try to overdue things as that can result in an injury and set your training back as long as it takes you to heal. Proper stretching, warming up, and cooling down are essential. In order to see results, you have to put the work in first.

Having a bit of experience I'll chime in to emphasize the above as you will not look like one of 'The 300' in three weeks.
Lastly, proper nutrition is also part of the equation.

Good luck....