PDA

View Full Version : When do you go to MEPS?/ What I need to ask my Recruiter / What will DEP do for me?

Nicholas Wamold
04-06-13, 07:15 PM
Hi all, my name is Nick, and currently I haven't enlisted but my recruiter said as of April (now) he can start to process. I'm 17 and my mother said she would let me and sign me off but I wanted to wait until this June when my Uncle is going to visit us for a week on his way to his new base. This will also be the last summer where I will visit my dad up in Oregon and I will be going for the last part of summer and probably all of August. I was curious if that would be a problem or if I can go to MEPS when I get back. Also, along the same topic, what will I expect while at MEPS? Thanks to everyone who can help.

Tennessee Top
04-06-13, 09:12 PM
Normally, your first trip to MEPS is when you take the ASVAB test and get your physical done. Your recruiter will be able to tell you for sure what the schedule is so check with them.

Nicholas Wamold
04-07-13, 04:53 PM
I've already taken the ASVAB and got an 82, does that mean I will retake it over again anyways?

Nicholas Wamold
04-11-13, 08:00 PM
Hey everyone, I'm talking to my recruiter Monday about the enlistment process. I'm 17 and a junior in high school and my mom is willing to let me enlist early, however I told my Uncle in the military I wouldn't enlist until after I had talked to him in June. Anyways, I'm just curious what I should really ask my recruiter and what I can do to get the job I want. I took the ASVAB this year at my school and scored an 82 and I'm on track for graduation. I guess my biggest fear is that when my Uncle joined his recruiters lied to him and he didn't get to do exactly what they told him. Also since I will be waiting at least a year before I go to Recruit Training, what are some good tips for what I can do to get ready? I have wrestling at my school until February of my senior year and after I will continue working out with my recruiter but over the summer I would like to start working on my own too. Sorry if I'm rambling, I just think that any and all advice would be great, from either Marines or Poolees who feel/felt the same. Thanks

Lisa 23
04-11-13, 08:05 PM
I merged both of your threads together since you basically asked the same questions in your first thread.