PDA

View Full Version : Recon and Sniper

USMCbound
03-26-13, 07:15 PM
I am interested in the recon MOS. I was wondering if I could get info from actual recon Marines. I would like to know anything and everything. Any info from anyone ,recon or not, is appreciated. Thanks

USMCbound
03-26-13, 07:18 PM
Snipers are a high interest of mine as well as recon. I know most people say don't count on becoming one just because you like it. I realize this is true. I would like to know anything about snipers. Thank you.

josephd
03-26-13, 11:21 PM
Google

josephd
03-26-13, 11:23 PM
Google

m14ed
03-27-13, 02:00 AM
No Joseph,, Let me google it for him........

m14ed
03-27-13, 02:03 AM
Joseph,,,

Don't pick on the poor lad,

Doing something himself , may be a New CONCEPT...

thewookie
03-27-13, 07:08 AM
. I would like to know anything about snipers. Thank you.

What do you really want to know, because knowing 'anything' might not do you any good?

You should think about what specifically you want to know. Then type it into the Google machine and see where that takes you. Then, come back here to this site and use the search feature. Then ask for some details on what your research brought you.

Speak in general terms and you won't get anything that valuable, you may, but if you sound like you have done some homework you'll probably have better results. No Marine wants to hand over knowledge to somebody who has not earned it yet. So do some due diligence on your part, and then maybe somebody will.

My guess is if you come back here with specific, researched questions you will have better luck at getting specific answers.

One of the traits that is very valuable to a sniper is research, in sniper terms it is called observation - and that is 99.99% of their job. Start developing your research and observation skills now if you want that title.

Good luck

thewookie
03-27-13, 07:14 AM
Have you read threads that are linked to this post yet?

In, "Similar Threads"

See my other post on your sniper question/post for details.

Anything and Everything is a long answer.

What specifically to do you want to know?

finharder
03-27-13, 11:27 AM
What is it that you want to know that the attached links do not answer?

USMCbound
03-27-13, 05:11 PM
If in recon, do you engage with the enemy? I'm sure there can and have been times when Marines have ran into problems and had to shoot their way out. I'm just wondering how often. Also, how often are recon Marines in the field?

USMCbound
03-27-13, 05:17 PM
I'm not meaning to disrespect here but doing something myself is definitely not a new concept. I have been doing things myself my whole life. I'm just wanting to get some first hand knowledge. Some main things I would like to know would be: Do you work your way up to different sniper rifles? How often do you go into the field? Does the spotter shoot much? I have learned the spotter is most of the time the most experienced.

USMCbound
03-27-13, 05:18 PM
Another thing, can you be a sniper in the Reconnaissance MOS?

Lisa 23
03-27-13, 05:39 PM
I merged both of your threads together.

For more info, check the threads below.....