PDA

View Full Version : Question about MEPS i need answered ASAP

akrause
03-19-13, 05:12 PM
So i just got off the phone with my recruiter. I am currently scheduled for MEPS this upcoming Friday. I was very assertive that i will only do Open 03 contract and he said there are no spots available until 2014, i told him i will wait. After 5 minutes of trying to convince me of getting a different job, he then stated that since there are no spots for infantry, i can't sign an infantry contract and wait for 8 months to ship out. He said i HAVE to sign a contract for a different job and do a "comp" move IF (not 100% sure) 03 opens up. I think he is just trying to get me to sign, and i was 100% assertive that i am ONLY signing infantry.

Is he lying to me just to get me to sign?
Should i tell him i will go to MEPS only when an 03 spot opens up?

Fast responses would be grateful Marines, i told him i would call him back in an hour from now.

Thank you.

USMCARivera
03-19-13, 07:05 PM
IDK where you're from but here in FL we only send our applicants to MEPS for processing, to take the ASVAB, or for the oath of enlistment. Our SNCOIC is the won who handles all of our poolee's contracts. With said, waiting on a 03 spot to open up is wasting your recruiters time because there are other people who are willing to take an available job instead of holding a spot in the DEP waiting on something that might never be there.

TheeMotivator
03-21-13, 01:13 PM
I have yet to meet a grunt that enjoys any part of his life in the fleet.

Rethink your choice there COD-Commando

USMCARivera
03-21-13, 06:07 PM
Rethink your choice there COD-CommandoLOL I laughed so hard at this.

Tennessee Top
03-22-13, 05:29 AM
There are only so many 03 contracts available. Everybody wants one so they disappear very quickly (just as your recruiter has told you). You can be as assertive as you want to be but your recruiter cannot deliver something that is not there.

Continue to be stubborn (or assertive as you call it) till the new MOS slots open up in October and then try again. But, don't be surprised when the very same thing happens again and you are left holding the bag. In the mean time, other young men are joining the DEP and shipping out to the MCRD to earn the title.