PDA

View Full Version : An Important Message about TRICARE and Medicare

CAS3
12-06-03, 01:03 PM
An Important Message about TRICARE and Medicare <br />
<br />
<br />
Recently, the House and Senate passed the &quot;Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003.&quot; The President is expected to...

Doc Crow
12-07-03, 04:44 PM
For those who use TRICARE for Life (TFL) please be sure that you are signed up for MEDICARE Part &quot;B&quot; other wise you will be ineligible for TFL unless you have a Notice of Dis-Allowance from SSI. You...

usmcmg@earthlin
12-14-03, 09:18 PM
I am 100% disable and it is all service conected now I am I entited to tricare for life,?:confused:

M Gunns

Doc Crow
12-15-03, 12:23 AM
Your can actually be covered under both TRICARE and the VA. If you have lets say a cold the flu or something that is not related to the service connected disabilities you can use TFL if it is something to do with the service connected issue it has to go through the VA. So lets say you fall and God Forbid break a leg you can chose to use the VA if you like since you are 100% disabled but you can also use TFL since it is not related to the service connected disability. The key is if you chose TFL you can not switch mid way through your care. You will have to stay with TFL for that entire episode of care and that could include physical or occupational therapy etc. You actually have the best of both worlds you can be treated at the VA or use TFL. If it has even the slightest resemblance to anything to do with your disability you have to go through the VA. If you have further questions send me an e-mail at my aol address and I can give you my home phone number and we can talk over the phone just be sure to mark it TRICARE Issue that way I do not delete it by accident. My address is USMCDOC57@aol.com. Hope this answers your question

CAS3
12-15-03, 04:26 PM
If you are 100% service connected, you are covered by the VA for ALL medical, whether it is SC or not. You are a priority one which means the VA takes care of all of your illnesses.
You are eligible for tricare. You will have a co pay with them and not with the VA.

usmcmg@earthlin
12-15-03, 09:59 PM
I am still in the dark some what, being 100% can I get my perscriptions filled at lest say wall greens or one that is using tfl or do I have to us the va even if my pvt. doc writes the script.
thanks for the help.

M Gunns

Doc Crow
12-17-03, 08:31 PM
The last thing I saw was the VA would now accept scripts from Private Physicians but the VA Guru would be able to answer that better then I. I do remember the VA Secretary has told VA facilities to take private scripts but I could be incorrect on the. He is correct that you will have a co-pay with TRICARE. TRICARE does have a mail order program but it is made for maintenance medications not something you need now. If the VA does not take Private Scripts and it is maintenance medications i.e. Heart Medications etc. I would recommend the mail order program since you get a 90 day supply at the same cost as 30 at a network pharmacy for one script that can be a savings of $18 each 90 days. Add that up over 3 or 4 scripts that can be a big savings.

CAS3
12-18-03, 01:21 PM
HI DOC...I AM A WOMAN!!

Regarding VA scripts. The VA will take an outside hand written script one time only. It has to be an emergent problem and the vet must be in the process of enrolling in the VA system.

Doc Crow
12-23-03, 11:36 PM
I apologize CAS3 no offense intended