PDA

View Full Version : Signing my contract?

626alex15
11-16-12, 01:57 AM
Hello I hope this is the right place for my question.
I passed my physical at the meps center. Im supposed to go back to swear in and sign my contract soon.

Here is my question
I am an Eagle Scout. And from what I understand I need to bring my Eagle Scout Certificate when I go to sign my contract to get E2.
The only problem is that I lost all of my Eagle Scout paperwork. I ordered a new Certificate a couple days ago. But it will take a couple weeks to get here.
My recruiter is telling me that I need to sign my contract by the end of the month. And that I can get the E2 added later before I ship out.

Will I actually be able to get that added on later or is my recruiter just trying to get me to sign?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

KermitTheFrog
11-16-12, 02:39 AM
I'll let someone else handle the whole "If you don't get it in your contract you will never see it" spiel, but I will say, it IS possible to get promoted to PFC after you signed your contract, we had one Recruit get PFC for college credits like 2 weeks before graduation because his recruiter sent in his transcript(of course you lose out on those previous 3 months of PFC pay)

s4m222
11-16-12, 05:27 AM
people who have college credit, eagle scout etc whatever for PFC being sorted out even IN boot camp. Sometimes the records come through, sometimes they dont and get screwed.

Try to get all your records lined up and have it showing E2 on your contract before signing. If thats not possible make sure you get it all sorted out BEFORE shipping out or its just a headache trying to get records mailed/faxed by your school/parents to the right people at the recruit depot etc during bootcamp.

Rocky C
11-16-12, 05:29 PM
No worries.
Listen to your Recruiter.
This is not his/her first time with this situation I am sure.

MKOZ07
11-16-12, 05:57 PM
You don't lose out on pay because it wasn't in there. I had college credits a lot of college credits and couldn't get my transcript in time to prove it till after I left. What you need to do is when it gets in have some one run it down to the recruiters office and he will fax it to the RCT admin section and they will back pay you for it all once you get to the depot.

Tennessee Top
11-20-12, 10:50 AM
Trust what your recruiter is telling you. If it doesn't work out like you want it to, remember, you will be seeing him again when you come back home for bootcamp leave and you can take it out on him then.

626alex15
11-22-12, 05:20 AM
Thank you for all of the responses.
My Eagle Certificate actually arrived just in time. So I was able to get E2 in my contract. So I was able to swear in on tuesday and I have a ship date in January.

I know there are a lot of threads doubting recruiters. But I couldn't really find much information about the Eagle Scout pay raise. So I decided to ask.

s4m222
11-29-12, 10:43 PM
it can be worked into your paperwork later. Just make sure its all sorted out BEFORE you leave for bootcamp.

Once your at boot, its hard to communicate, get stuff faxed etc.