PDA

View Full Version : question about waivers

kdruen
11-10-12, 08:34 PM
I know taking antidepressants is a disqualification for the Marines and you have to be off of your meds for a year to talk to a recruiter again... the recruiter that i had talked to never said anything about a waiver that would have to be considered after being clean of meds... so my question is would it be easy to be waived or will i more than likely be disqualified again... would someone with ocd be more likely waived than some one who was depressed any advice thanks

Lisa 23
11-10-12, 11:14 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is filled out, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

kdruen
11-13-12, 05:09 PM
I'm currently trying to enlist in the Marines my problem is i have to get a dependency waiver and because of my two c- sections and because of my OCD the recruiter had to make a paper case and because the case is big they have to hand deliver the case.

I'm just really stressed out that I'm going to be dended because most of my medical problems were onset during pregnancy and all problems stopped after post partum.

I just need advice. Will they overlook my medical problems because they were only during pregnancy or will they still consider them? Any advice? Thanks!

Lisa 23
11-13-12, 05:14 PM
Profile filled out....thread re-opened.

Rocky C
11-13-12, 06:28 PM
There is no telling right now. Every situation is differant.
Your best bet is keep speaking to the Recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

kdruen
11-13-12, 06:37 PM
There is no telling right now. Every situation is differant.
Your best bet is keep speaking to the Recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks. The recruiters that I have been talking to have said the same thing. They have told me they have seen some crazy cases be approved

Rocky C
11-13-12, 06:43 PM
Just hang in there and keep us posted if you would like.
I for one would like to know the outcome.

kdruen
11-13-12, 07:02 PM
My recruiter is going to give me a call on the 26 th. Hopefully with good news.

kdruen
11-13-12, 10:18 PM
I'm just worried that because of my health problems during pregnancy like preeclampsia, low Iron,and anxiety they will just look at that and deny it even though i no longer have those problems and they were only caused by pregnancy. I'm actually a pretty healthy individual. And i also need a dependency waiver too. I think they will just consider me too much trouble to enlist. I know i probably sound like a broken record but joining the Marines is a dream I've always had and i feel like I'm too late to follow that dream.

fl1946
11-14-12, 01:46 PM
Going beyond your health status, what about your children? Who is going to care for them? Living on a private or PFC income with children is something short of being homeless. I personally think it's worse than marriage since a spouse can survive; your children can't.

I'm pleased you find being in the Marine Corps a dream job, but it will frankly quickly vanish if you cannot manage anxiety, a principal method used to screen recruits. Give your children a chance. Stay at your job, care for the kids and support the Marine Corps in civic functions. The troops will appreciate your generosity.

kdruen
11-14-12, 05:08 PM
Going beyond your health status, what about your children? Who is going to care for them? Living on a private or PFC income with children is something short of being homeless. I personally think it's worse than marriage since a spouse can survive; your children can't.

I'm pleased you find being in the Marine Corps a dream job, but it will frankly quickly vanish if you cannot manage anxiety, a principal method used to screen recruits. Give your children a chance. Stay at your job, care for the kids and support the Marine Corps in civic functions. The troops will appreciate your generosity.

I am married. My husband will take care of them. He makes good money to care for the children if and when I am sent to training. Where I am working now I make minimum wage. And I had to go to school for the job I work at now. Im just hoping they will overlook my health problems considering they were only due to my pregnancy. i also have my anxiety managed. My anxiety is mostly OCD too. My doctor that I had seen, has given my recruit written documentation that I'm no longer on any medicine and no longer have the anxiety. I really do know that I can handle the training. Sorry I forgot the rank but the commandar recruiter (is that right?) had asked me if I could do it and I said yes, becuase I know I can do it and I will miss my girls while I'm gone but that won't be enough to make me dropout of training.