PDA

View Full Version : Combat Engineer Officer-1302

NROTCwannabe
11-06-12, 05:20 PM
I'm a junior in high school who plans to apply for the NROTC scholarship and, if I am not accepted, I plan to go PLC.

While I would love to attain the coveted 0302 MOS, I'm considering the other choices for my dream sheet and would like to know more about the 1302 MOS. So if there's any 1302s out there, I'd appreciate some details about the MOS outside of what the job description says. Anything from deployed life to garrison, air wing to CEB, I'll take it all.

josephd
11-06-12, 06:22 PM
MOS aside....your duties as an officer are to take care of and be sure the Marines in your command are properly trained to carry out whatever your mission may be. Not to say you won't be able to do some cool stuff but as an officer you won't be out there with your boys blowing stuff up and building things. You will be behind the scenes planning, writing orders, manifests, and making sure your Marines have everything they need to accomplish the mission.

I know this really doesn't answer your question but you need to know that your job as a Marine officer goes beyond whatever your MOS may be. It is bigger than that and bigger than you.

Lisa 23
11-06-12, 06:27 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Lisa 23
11-19-12, 01:54 PM
Profile complete......thread re-opened.