PDA

View Full Version : 4th Air/Naval Gunfire Liaison Company OR 2d& 3d Plt., Co. E, Anti-Terrorism Bn

Rg273
11-04-12, 11:44 PM
Hello once again Marines,

I am back with a few more questions. For some quick background, I'm planning on joining the Reserves this summer and I live in Saint Petersburg, Florida. While in the Reserves I plan on going to college at the University of South Florida Saint Petersburg. The only Reserve units that appeal to me are the 4th Air and Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (in West Palm Beach, Florida [about 200 miles away from me]) and the 2nd & 3rd Plt., Co. E, Anti-Terrorism Battalion (in Tallahassee, Florida [about 300 miles away from me]). For the requirements of the Reserves, I don't mind driving the distance to either unit. I was hoping you Marines could shine some light on these units.

1. What MOSs would I have to choose from when contracting to either one of these units?

2. Does one unit have a higher chance of deploying than the other? (I wouldn't mind deploying)

3. Is there anything important about either unit I should know beforehand? For example, lazy cadre, or overall disorganization? Anything helps.

Thanks again.
Ryan

MKOZ07
11-05-12, 12:48 PM
1. Ask your recruiter he would know best at which MOS the 4th ANGLICO needs
2. As of right now I can't see any deployments with the war ending. If you were looking at something that had a high chance I would say the ANGLICO unit is.
3. I wouldn't know about that since I am not in any of those units.

josephd
11-05-12, 09:36 PM
1. Obviously ANGLICO, beyond that I am sure that unit as Admin., Motor-T, Comm., Supply and a few other select MOS's to support the unit. Talk to a recruiter and he will be able to tell you exactly.

2. I would also say ANGLICO has a better chance to deploy than the other one but that is still a pretty slim chance with the draw down in country and budget issues.

3. No idea...but command at most reserve units are unsat and unorganized. But that isn't from lack of leadership or anything, it is just the nature of the reserves. As a reservist we are required to fulfill all of the same requirements as the active duty counterpart but we do it in far less time.(short drill weekends and 2 week AT's)