PDA

View Full Version : I have a One year Old and It's been hard for me to Enlist

tinySemperfi
11-04-12, 08:53 PM
Hello, my name is Amber Kelly. In August of 2010, I was interested in joining the Marines. While still in High school, My ex-boyfriend went in and his MOS was infantry. I soon found out that I was pregnant by him. After having my child in March 2011, and graduating high school in 2012, I Immediately contacted a near by recruiting station to go over my options with enlisting. Now me minor-ly being involved for three years, I know a few things. I was told about the process of enlisting with a child as a single parent. The custody process and all. Is there another way for me? Please if anyone can help me or anything pm me, ect

Zulu 36
11-05-12, 07:04 AM
Hello, my name is Amber Kelly. In August of 2010, I was interested in joining the Marines. While still in High school, My ex-boyfriend went in and his MOS was infantry. I soon found out that I was pregnant by him. After having my child in March 2011, and graduating high school in 2012, I Immediately contacted a near by recruiting station to go over my options with enlisting. Now me minor-ly being involved for three years, I know a few things. I was told about the process of enlisting with a child as a single parent. The custody process and all. Is there another way for me? Please if anyone can help me or anything pm me, ect

You have a child and the Corps insists (demands) that child be properly cared for if you are allowed to enlist. If you cannot get a dependency waiver for some reason (lack of alternative caregivers, etc), then you are out of luck as far as getting in the Marine Corps.