PDA

View Full Version : What Sould I Do To Prepare For Bootcamp?

USMC12
11-01-12, 11:05 PM
I am a Freshman In HS and am determined to join the USMC. I am currently weight lifting and playing football. I eat as healthy as possible and don't know what to do in these next four years to push towards a Marine. It sounds like I am a wannabe kid on CoD, but my goal is to be a Force Recon Marine. Is there anything else that I should be doing that I am missing? Thanks!

josephd
11-01-12, 11:17 PM
Get good grades, don't do drugs, have fun, and stay out of trouble.

al Shabazz
11-01-12, 11:43 PM
You'd best not get any tattoos either.

USMC12
11-01-12, 11:51 PM
Thanks Marines. By the way, I wasn't planning on drugs, alcohol, or tattoos.

USMC12
11-02-12, 12:01 AM
By the way is there a difference between force recon and recon. Some members in other forums were saying it like they were two separate things.

Zulu 36
11-02-12, 05:53 AM
By the way is there a difference between force recon and recon. Some members in other forums were saying it like they were two separate things.

That's because there is a difference between recon and Force recon.

Simply stated, Recon means Recon Battalions assigned to the Marine Divisions. They are the Div CG's assets. A Recon Bn almost always operates inside the artillery fan that is available to them.

Force Recon Companies are assets of the Marine Expeditionary Force. They are trained and equipped to operate beyond the artillery fan, or deep recon. They may work directly for the MEF or be attached to a Division temporarily.

Also, if you read the rules and stickies, you'd know there is a curfew for friends/Poolees under 18-years old. 11:00pm, or 2300. You were pushing the time with this last post last night.

Lisa 23
11-02-12, 07:07 AM
Also, if you read the rules and stickies, you'd know there is a curfew for friends/Poolees under 18-years old. 11:00pm, or 2300. You were pushing the time with this last post last night.

Curfew during school nights.......and during school hours
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?28477-Curfew-during-school-nights-and-during-school-hours