PDA

View Full Version : CFT, and PFT you dont truly have to "pass"??

Tmckee94
10-28-12, 02:01 PM
Ive heard from a few Marines that you dont have to exactly pass the CFT and PFT to graduate. They said if your DI sees your trying to make it and putting out maximum effort you will be there on graduation, they said the things you truly have to pass are the swim qual and rifle qual to graduate but they are "lenient" on the PFT and CFT. is that true?

josephd
10-28-12, 02:07 PM
I sure hope that is not true!.....why are you concerning yourself with such a thing anyway?...To be honest I don't want someone in my Marine Corps that can't pass a PFT or just does the minimum to get by.

If you can't pass the PFT or CFT, you are a sorry piece of $hit. It's not that hard to just pass.

Lisa 23
10-28-12, 02:15 PM
I think someone is trying to blow smoke up your arse. You don't pass the PFT or CFT, you don't graduate.

I sure hope that is not true!.....why are you concerning yourself with such a thing anyway?...To be honest I don't want someone in my Marine Corps that can't pass a PFT or just does the minimum to get by.

If you can't pass the PFT or CFT, you are a sorry piece of $hit. It's not that hard to just pass.

I agree with you 100%!!!

Tmckee94
10-28-12, 02:15 PM
I know what you mean, Im going to pass it I was just wondering if that was true.

Tmckee94
10-28-12, 02:20 PM
By the time you get to the PFT and CFT at the end of boot, is it pretty easy to pass.. I heard the majority of its all mental. Will it be hard to pass or will it be relatively easy?

josephd
10-28-12, 02:30 PM
don't worry about it, unless you are a fat body the PFT and CFT should be no problem. Both you will learn are easy in comparison to other things you'll do.

Lisa 23
10-28-12, 02:47 PM
Your threads on the CFT-PFT have been merged together. Keep all of your questions related to this topic in this thread.
DO NOT start another one.

al Shabazz
10-28-12, 05:06 PM
If you are aiming to meet the minimum standards, you are bound to fail in the Marine Corps. If you want to scrape by with good enough, then you need to find a different service to join. Your goal should not be to pass. Your goal should be to exceed the maximum score.

MKOZ07
10-28-12, 11:28 PM
It is not true by any means. If you don't pass the CFT and PFT by the finals you will be dropped back to the next company or placed in a Semper Fit program. I saw this happen first had, he could only do 3 pull ups and passed out on 3 miles. Everything you do in bootcamp counts for score and if you are terrible across the board you will just keep getting dropped back.

PvtShane
10-29-12, 07:36 AM
Giving the honest truth. What they told you was half right. If your Senior feels as though you are putting out your all, he will allow you to continue training. BUT If you aren't broken, really broken, and you're putting out your all, there is no reason you shouldn't pass. A 29 min 3 mile is a time you can make in a speed walk. I saw a kid do 0 pullups on his Int. PFT. I don't know his story besides he was some small asian kid that weighed 107 pounds soaking wet. But his Senior DI kept him. The thing is, you have more then one chance. If you do not pass by your final PFT, you WILL be dropped. Oh and if you score low in the PFT or CFT. Stand by for some... conditioning. Just a little extra attention.

Tmckee94
10-29-12, 12:36 PM
I know Im going to pass the PFT and CFT but I heard the CFT is more of a evaluation not exactly a test.. What do you do on the CFT exactly? Is it hard?

Lisa 23
10-29-12, 12:42 PM
I know this is the Ask A Marine forum, but you can try taking a little initiative of your own and google Marine Corps CFT.

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/marine-corps-combat-fitness-test

Spears
10-29-12, 09:03 PM
Softball, I don't think Google could know the answer to this, this is some lcpl underground type trash. to answer the question: not a freakin chance.

al Shabazz
10-29-12, 09:20 PM
If you can't pass a CFT then you need to GTFO before you ever get on the yellow footprints. It's not that hard.

hussaf
10-29-12, 09:43 PM
You should never get below a first class PFT or CFT unless you have some sort of medical issues, or are old.

That being said, when I went through bootcamp it was really hard not to graduate. Which is too bad, because a lot of people there needed to not be Marines. Though I will say the ones who really sucked bad eventually found ways to get out (they weren't easy or quick), or they had really bad experiences in their Marine Corps career.

Tennessee Top
10-30-12, 07:57 PM
Can't talk about all the Marine Corps Recruiting districts but when my niece was a poolee last summer, her District CO would not let poolees ship to bootcamp unless they could pass the IST easily (no borderline scores as a fudge factor).

You should be able to pass the PFT before you ever reach the yellow footprints. Remember, your PFT score (along with your rifle score and others) are all components of your composite score which determine your promotion potential. The promotion system is set up so those with higher scores will get promoted faster than those with lower scores and those who fail will not get promoted at all. Doing just the minimum to pass will mean being a terminal LCpl. If you ever want to see Cpl or Sgt chevrons you'll have to put out and earn them (as well as stay out of trouble).