PDA

View Full Version : Reserves and PLC

tobemarinemaybe
10-25-12, 11:25 PM
Okay so I went to talk to my recruiter and I told him about how I wanted to enlist, finish college and possibly become an officer. What he suggested that I do is sign up as a reservist and go to college and do PLC at the same time.

Does this seem like a good path to take in order to become an officer by the time I am 22? What are the chances and how hard is it to get in a PLC program and avoid getting deployed as a reservist.

tobemarinemaybe
10-25-12, 11:37 PM
Sorry wanted to add this -

And what are the chances of getting in PLC without reserves.

josephd
10-25-12, 11:54 PM
Your chances of going to OCS via PLC are the same whether or not you are reservist/already a Marine. My advice to you is to forget the reserves and just get a package in with your OSO. You gain nothing by joining the reserves, if anything it will hinder you by taking up your personal and school time. That is time you could be focused on finishing school and staying in shape for OCS.

Lisa 23
10-26-12, 07:46 AM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.