PDA

View Full Version : Where to find information....

mdewey912
10-24-12, 05:28 PM
Here is the background to the situation ( I would say in a nutshell,but I tend to be long winded)

I'm trying to get information for a prior service Marine. Here is his background
5 years active duty, 3 years inactive reserve and now wanting to return to active. His rank was (is) Corporal.

Here are the questions he has, and is not sure who to ask, I thought going to those seasoned in the way of the Corps might be the best call.

1. Has Frost Call (?) been posted for FY 2012-2013 and if we are dealing with a reluctant recruiter to give us this information would it be better for us to seek advice from another nearby recruiter? He is within 10 lbs of max weight, so we think this is why they are reluctant to help, not taking him as seriously as the younger more fit 19 year old gals and guys out there.
2. What is the process for waivers when it comes to dependents? he can only have 2 children at the time of enterance correct? or does that change due to prior active service, I'm sure there is probably an order regarding this, but I haven't found anything yet.
3. What are your best tips for shedding that last ten pounds.

thank you

ChuckH
10-24-12, 06:40 PM
SO WHY isnt he (the Marine) asking these questions?

advanced
10-24-12, 07:27 PM
Sounds like he is.

Old Marine
10-24-12, 09:01 PM
Number one sounds about right, although I left active duty 39 years ago.

If he was in the Corps as you say he was, I am quite sure he knows how to lose the weight.

Are all of his fingers broken?

Tell him I said "Good Luck"

Tennessee Top
10-25-12, 01:30 AM
The USMC is not taking prior service personnel at the present time (that's why nobody is willing to help and has nothing to do with weight standards or dependent waivers). Your "friend" should seek out a prior service recruiter, not a regular recruiter who deals with first-time applicants. Of course, being a Marine, he would know that already.

I think they have Frost Calls at your local tavern around quitting time! Have a cold one on me!!

meliscarop
10-25-12, 03:37 AM
Tell him I said "Good Luck"http://www.aele.info/a106.jpg

mdewey912
10-25-12, 01:09 PM
He asked them, but from what I now understand he asked the wrong type of recruiter. I personally wasn't aware there were prior service recruiters, I can't speak for him. Thank you all for your help.