PDA

View Full Version : Enlistment in the Marine Corps

QevinC
10-21-12, 05:39 PM
I was just denied a waiver for a previous surgery on my knee and a pectus excvatum (indented chest). Neither of these effected me in any way what so ever. I was going to pt everyday and attending every pool fuction even though I was not a poolee myself. I waited for well over a year to DEP in but got denied. I am beyond devasted and I dont know what to do. Do any Marines know if I would be able to try enlistement again in a couple of years or if I joined the Army I could then join the Marine Corps after i finished my service.

Please help, there's nothing I've ever wanted more then to be a Marine and I won't take no for an aswear please help me.

Kevin

irpat54
10-21-12, 05:46 PM
well Kevin i understand your disappointment, the big problem is that there is so much uncertainty in the Military in-general, right now until after the election, if the current president gets reelected then there is no hope at all, with the massive down sizing that will take place, and is already started, if Romney get in then there may be a shot, but ether way if you want to be a Marine then keep going to the recruiters office and talk to them and keep after them if after the election they may resubmit the waver i don't know if that is possible, so much has changed since i was in, but keep after them and if Romney wins who knows,, Good luck son..

Lisa 23
10-21-12, 06:03 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.