PDA

View Full Version : Help.

Kaynell
10-20-12, 06:18 PM
I'm 20 years old, basically doing nothing. The past month was all about me getting paper-work into my recruiter. I've been loosing some sleep, but not a whole lot over MEPS and what Boot is going...

Lisa 23
10-20-12, 06:26 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Lisa 23
10-20-12, 06:40 PM
Profile complete....thread re-opened.

Lisa 23
10-20-12, 06:48 PM
Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission

Lower extremities

Updated June 10, 2009
The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/medicalwaiver.htm)) are an authenticated history of:

Foot and ankle

Current ingrown toenails (703.0), if infected or symptomatic, are disqualifying.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/extremities2.htm

To get the most current and up to date info, it's best that you speak with a recuiter face-to-face, not over the phone.
And.....if you would require a waiver for the ingrown toenails, none of the Marines here would know if it would be approved or not.

Kaynell
10-20-12, 07:07 PM
Thanks.

Gunstream
10-20-12, 10:07 PM
I would just ask your recruiter if you can wait to go to MEPS until your toe is healed. If your feet aren't jacked up going in to boot camp, they'll likely be jacked up leaving.

If you received no citations, you have no criminal history. That's what I would tell the people at MEPS, and I'd be telling them the truth.

Boot camp only sucks until its over. It's a very small portion of your enlistment, and an EXTREMELY small portion of your life.

Kaynell
10-24-12, 01:52 AM
Thanks to all that replied.

I just found out that it isn't an Ingrown at all, rather it is jsut something that was rubbing against my shoe.

I am uber excited to join the CORPS and I hope to do my country, friends and family proud.

Tennessee Top
10-24-12, 03:54 PM
Troll.