PDA

View Full Version : A few necessary questions

gsent123
10-19-12, 08:52 AM
Hello Marines, whatsup :P well basically I have a few questions I need to ask before I join. I am 100% sure I will be enlisting soon, I just need to clear a few doubts I have before I do.My first question is: Will I be able to enlist if I finished high school in another country?? I was sent to live in Peru about 3 years ago and I had to finish my high school over here, will that be a problem? will I still have to get my GED?My second question would be: Is it possible for me to get help getting back to the US??I am waiting for my uncle to help me out with my ticket since It would take forever for me to buy it with what I make over here, but he seems to be taking forever and doesn't seem to be taking me very seriously, he said he would loan me the ticket but sometimes I think he doesn't want to help me anymore, so i basically wanted to know if theres any way the Marines would help me get back to my country so I can enlist once and for all and stop losing more precious time.I am 22 years old ( I know it's a little old but I truly believe I am physically and mentally capable and also that I will be a valuable asset to my country), I want to stop wasting my life doing pointless things and want to do something important, something that matters.thanks in advance for your answers, theyre are greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

irpat54
10-19-12, 08:59 AM
are you an American Citizen? were you born here in the states, if so i would think the only thing that would stop you is if you did not do well on the AFQT test (that is what it was call in my day) Armed Forces Quantification Test. but if you go on line to the Marin Corps web site, there is a place there to ask questions,, Good luck

gsent123
10-19-12, 09:13 AM
Hi, yes I am a US citizen, I speak and write perfect english. I have already asked on the Marines site but since its been like a month and nobody has answered me with a direct response I thought I would ask around here, you Marines are very usefull :P

Zulu 36
10-19-12, 09:13 AM
Jorge, this thread will be closed until you complete you profile as required by site rules.

Once completed, you can PM me or any other Squad Leader and request for the thread to be re-opened.