PDA

View Full Version : Shin Splint and Pain in back of ankle - Advice Please?

TMiller556
10-10-12, 03:39 PM
Hello,

I'm currently an applicant in the process of going into DEP. I have done 3-5 mile runs in the past year with no injuries until recently. A couple of weeks ago, I had gotten shin splints and I had tried to run through the pain but it got to the point where I decided that it would be best if I rested. After about a week and a half of rest, I went on a run and had no problem. However, when I woke up the next day, I had a dull pain in the back of my ankle, a little bit above my Achilles tendon. I went on a run today and I had a sharp pain in that same spot behind my ankle, as if something had pulled. The pain in my shin also returned. Does anyone know what this can be? Also, I run on concrete because I live in NYC and there are no nearby tracks or parks with grass that I can make it to and the runs that I go on usually consist of uphill and downhill paths. I would really like to recover as soon as possible, considering that I've worked so hard to get my PFT run time to where it is now. If anyone can help, I would really really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Rocky C
10-10-12, 04:08 PM
We are not Doctors here Tom but you will receive some advice from those who have gone through the same thing.

My advice, don't take any chances, it's your health. Stop running and see a Dr. ASAP.

Good luck.

Rocky C
05-07-14, 05:20 PM
Tom, I see your logged in right now. This thread is almost a year and a half old now. How did you make out, you never responded ???