PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service / How were you changed?

Tengri
10-10-12, 03:37 AM
I'm in the National Guard. I ETS in 2013. I am currently looking at the Marines. Half of my reason is because I'm tired of the civilian lifestyle and want a real challenge in my military career, the other half is because the Army will not re-class. I'm targeting the 02 field, and regardless of being prior service - I have a GED - and am pursuing 22 credits so that I may enlist, but enough rambling...

I've spoken to friends who are Marines, read articles, read forums and watched videos; I have a basic understanding of what to expect...

During my time in Army BCT (2010) I have found the training to be a, for lack of a better word, Joke. Although, it still had an impact on my life and changed me mentally and physically for the better. How would the Marine Boot Camp differ? I understand it to be life-changing for every Marine, but I feel I may have a harder time adjusting being a part-time "dog", and not truly see the value in my training until it is beaten into me when I get there. The element of surprise is virtually gone for me.

Are there any prior service/prior Army who are now Marines that could fill me in on how the Marines have changed them for the better?

I utilized Search, it does not seem to work. I have read around the forums and could not directly find my answer.

Thanks.

:iwo: