PDA

View Full Version : How can I change my Mos For the USMC reserves

Striderwarrior
10-06-12, 02:40 PM
Hello Marines...My ship out date is in Oct 15 and my recruiter still haven't changed my Mos...I have Mos 6046 Aircraft maintance and I know this Job does not suit me since I dislike the idea of doing paper work.I spoke about this with my recruiter and I also told her I don't plan on shipping out without changing my Mos.In addition,I told her that the liaison Gunnery Seargent in Meps(The Marine who Assigned to the job) said I can change it anytime before I ship out and that it shouldn't be difficult..My recruiter told her boss (Gunnery Seargent) of the rss about my situation and he said I don't qualify for other jobs which isn't true because I do qualify for Mos1146 Electrician and Of course infantry.He said he will make a few calls and try to get me the job and he also Said they close down the reserves infantry unit nearby.He also gave me a speech and said that it isn't that bad and paper work isn't the only work I'm going to do in My 6 year term in the Marine Corps reserves.He said I go active and sign participate in an apprentice ship program or become a martial arts instructor during my term but honestly I'm not really interested.Can my recruiter drop me from the DEP if i refiuse to ship out?Arent all USMC job slots open in Oct?Please any suggestions or advice is welcome!Thank you..

Lisa 23
10-06-12, 02:49 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, wich can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine foums.
When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine foum and thread will be re-opened.

Rocky C
10-06-12, 02:54 PM
You just joined the forum a minute ago and registered as a " Marine Friend " but you have a ship date so you are in the DEP.

Send me a PM with the Real Deal ASAP since you are still logged in or you will not be here anymore....