PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted to Commissioned to Marine Aviator

Rilas
09-22-12, 11:21 PM
Hello, I am wondering if it is a viable option for me to join at the end of the year and become an Aviator before I am cutoff by my age. I will be 22 by the time I finish boot camp, but I would still need to go to school and get commissioned. Is this realistically possible? If not is there another route before my cutoff age?

josephd
09-23-12, 12:18 AM
are you going active duty??......not going to happen, you'll be 26 when you get out. Add another 4 years of school on top of that...that'll put you at 30 by the time you'd commission. You would need an age waiver just for that.

Rilas
09-23-12, 12:40 AM
That's what I was thinking, however if I go to school now, then join when I am 25. Plausible?

josephd
09-23-12, 02:26 AM
join?...as in enlist?...no...that still puts you ate 30 at the time of commissioning.

If you want to be a Marine Corps aviator here is the best/easiest route...

Enroll in college. Within or after your freshmen year contact an OSO(officer selection officer) in your area and get a PLC(Platoon Leaders Course) package started to get into OCS. PLC is the only way to get a gauranteed air contract which is what you will need in order to be a pilot. If being an officer/aviator is your ultimate goal do not bother with enlisting, it's a waste of your time.