PDA

View Full Version : A question about weight

JHerron
09-20-12, 02:25 PM
Sorry in advance if this has already been asked or is being asked in the wrong place!

I'm interested in going into talk to a recruiter and enlisting but I'm over weight so my question is - should I wait until I'm closer to my goal weight to go into the office? I'm embarrassed about my weight enough as it is and I doing my best to change it. I don't want recruiters to think I am wasting their time :/

Lisa 23
09-20-12, 06:12 PM
Topic closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum when profile is complete and topic will be re-opened.

Lisa 23
09-20-12, 08:13 PM
Profile complete.....topic re-opened.

Gunstream
09-20-12, 09:18 PM
Really depends on how far off your weight limit you are. If you're within a couple pounds, going in to visit a recruiter would probably be just fine. They can give you information about enlistment, and possibly schedule you to go to MEPS if you're relatively close to being within weight zones.

If you're way overweight though, you might be wasting their time until you can get close to shipping. You still have to pass the flexed arm hang and crunches to DEP in, so if your weight is a huge problem you're unlikely to pass the hang.