PDA

View Full Version : Shipping out in a few days

Bornagain
09-20-12, 11:29 AM
I'm flying out to San Diego on Monday super motivated and ready. Does anyone have any advice they want to share, I'm sure I'll do fine just interested in what all you Marines have to say? Wish me safe travels I'll be one of you soon. :cool:

gkmoz
09-20-12, 11:42 AM
I'm flying out to San Diego on Monday super motivated and ready. Does anyone have any advice they want to share, I'm sure I'll do fine just interested in what all you Marines have to say? Wish me safe travels I'll be one of you soon. :cool:

Philippians 4:13

Bornagain
09-20-12, 12:11 PM
Amen. Thank you Corporal.

Lisa 23
09-20-12, 01:07 PM
The only advice I can give you is to pay attention to everything your Drill Instructors teach and say to you. Always remember that your Drill Instructors not only went through boot camp themselves, but they also had to go through Drill Instructor School, which is almost like going through boot camp again. At times, it may seem like they want you to fail, but they don't. They are breaking you down and taking the civilian out of you and building you back up into a Marine.
Stay hydrated, it'll still be hot at MCRDSD, always give 110%, help your fellow recruits out, and always remember that there is no "I" in team.

Good luck to you on your journey to become a United States Marine!

m14ed
09-20-12, 01:10 PM
pay attention. ,
do as best you can and don't quit ,
Do what they tell you - WHEN they tell you ,
Doesn't take a Brain Surgeon.

Good Luck, make yourself proud..

Rocky C
09-20-12, 02:27 PM
Good Luck Jacob.

Keep your mouth closed until told to speak, eyeballs and ears wide open and last but not least, it's all about,

Teamwork !!!

Tennessee Top
09-20-12, 03:31 PM
I am a Hollywood Marine myself. Apply plenty of sunscreen, don't forget to wear the shades (sunglasses), lip gloss, and flip-flops they'll issue you while playing in the sand. Enjoy your vacation in sunny southern California; send post cards!:cool:

Gunstream
09-20-12, 09:20 PM
Spend time with your family, eat your favorite meal, and keep your nose clean the next couple days. Then hold on tight, the next 3 months get kind of blurry.

Bornagain
09-21-12, 08:00 AM
Thank you all for your input Marines. I'll be back with the Title.

PNW2011
09-21-12, 01:45 PM
hahahaha

sorry, I can't help but laugh.. have fun.