PDA

View Full Version : Fair and Balanced maybe . . .

kentmitchell
11-26-03, 09:17 AM
I was watching Fox News this morning and caught the blonde guy talking about Iraq, something about :. . . squeezing off a mortar round at an airplane."
Fair and balanced maybe, but dumba$$ about the military like 99.9 percent of the rest of the media types.

MAJMike
11-26-03, 09:54 AM
"Fair and Balanced..." is a marketing slogan for FOX News, not a statement of their actual news policy.

MR Ventura
MAJ USMCR
1968-1975

Kurt Stover
11-26-03, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I had this video guy telling me not to stand on the fiber, it was going to cause a dB loss. I was wondering how in he11 sound was going over fiber...then I had to go get edjumacated....funny, now I know what he was talking about...just me.

Gunner Jines
11-26-03, 02:36 PM
All need remember that the vast majority of these "News Casters" are just that - no real life experience to speak of - they just have a good video presentation and can read a prompter - their opinions are usually as educated as Hollywierds Jane Fonda's or the Politicos Howard Dean's, Bill/Hillery Clinton's or so many of the others that deem it necessary to instruct those that have walked through hell - that it really wasn't hell we were in - "but if it was" - we should not have been there enforcing our will on the poor unfortunates caught in a bad situation.
R/S
Gunner

Doc Crow
11-27-03, 08:41 PM
No matter how we look at it all the News turns it the way they think it will increase ratings